*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. American Idol Auditions
  2. girl
  3. Gender?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1476306-The-Changing-Remote/cid/646452-American-Idol-Auditions
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1476306
You find a remote that can change almost anything...
This choice: 20+  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

American Idol Auditions

    by: THANKFUL SONALI Now What?
You are on your way to work when you feel something fall - it hits your head and falls to the ground. Looking down, you see an object sparkling in the sunshine. You pick it up and immediately, a voice emanates from it:-

"I am your remote. Use me carefully. You can use the People Mode, the Object Mode or the Puppet Mode. Remember,
think before you click.
I now await your wishes."


It stops talking and stops glowing, and sits there in your palm, looking exactly like an ordinary TV remote. You stare at it for a few seconds, then you put it in your purse and continue on your way to work.

At work, you are under a lot of pressure. You're a back-up singer, and have to rehearse with the American Idol contestants. Many of them are tense, emotional and wrought after a hard week of Hollywood Auditions. Your supposed job is to sing along with them, what you actually do is to comfort, counsel and encourage. Some are grateful for your advice, others are confused or overwhelmed by it, still others are downright rude.

You're having such a hectic time, you forget the remote that is in your purse. As contestant after contestant belts out song after song, you start seeing everything in a blur and hearing everything in a buzz. Then, there's a contestant who really annoys you. She can't decide which song she wants to sing, she can't decide whether she wants you to back up to start with or not, and she keeps snapping at you when you try to make a suggestion.

Suddenly, you remember the remote and the power it gives you. You sneak your hand into your purse. A soft voice says, "Remember, think before you click."

"There's nothing to think about," you whisper, and, determinedly, you pull the remote out of your purse.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
CelesteIrving has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1476306-The-Changing-Remote/cid/646452-American-Idol-Auditions