*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1630274-Transformations/cid/847723-A-Virtual-Reality-Brain-Computer-Interface
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Erotica · #1630274
What if you could become anyone at the touch of a (expensive, dangerously untested) button
This choice: Find Nathan fucking with a billion dollar super computer in the kitchen  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A Virtual Reality Brain-Computer Interface

    by: Yote
You enter the darkened kitchen. Your flatmate Nathan is slumped on the couch. His eyes stare blankly, his mouth hangs slack, drooling slightly. His chest rises and falls slowly, like somebody asleep.

A metal box sits in the center of the floor, humming gently. Wires trail from it, run along the kitchen floor, up the couch and connect to a metal circlet riddled with electronics placed around Nathan's head.

So this was the thing Nathan had been talking about in awed tones for the past few weeks. The neurology department (in partnership with most of the other departments, and with funding from the army) had recently constructed a prototype Brain-Computer interface, a stunning piece of machinery that allowed them to link a human mind to a computer as easilly as one might plug in a USB stick.

And they'd combined it with a high-powered quantum supercomputer complete with a rudimentary AI, capable of deriving stunningly-detailed virtual contructs of entire worlds entirely from the simple specifications its human users fed it.

The fact that the university had proceeded to use the billion dollar machine for constructive purposes - examining the workings of the mind, witnessing simulations of the Big Bang or ancient historical texts in person - and not fucked about with it for personal gratification had driven your roommate livid.

To him, it was a waste of a perfectly good toy.

And now he'd stolen it.

As you listen for police sirens, you notice a second wire trailing out from the machine. Following it, it leads you to a...

You have the following choices:

1. Videogame console

2. DVD player

3. High-powered scanner

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1630274-Transformations/cid/847723-A-Virtual-Reality-Brain-Computer-Interface