*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Fern Walters
  2. Other
  3. Other Choices
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1750513-Micro-in-Cartoons/cid/2663556-Fern-Walters
by Kane01
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1750513
Ash must survived being shrunk in a cartoon world.
This choice: Fern Walters  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

Fern Walters

    by: Kane01
Fern looked down at her brown loafers, and noted how worn they were starting to look, she'd should've gotten new ones, but they were too comfortable to throw away and they would be okay for a while yet. If she hadn't been focused on the outside of her loafers and had looked inside she might have noticed a tiny creature staring up out from her right loafer. Instead she lifted her right foot and began to slip it in.

For Ash it came too quick to react. The sock covered foot with the outline of the toes clearly visible was upon him, driving him into the insole and sliding him back to the toe section as it moved forward. Soft flesh molded around him encasing him in darkness. He couldn't be sure where he'd ended up but he was fairly certain that he was somewhere under the ball of the foot. Maybe near the toes. The soft insole and the soft padded flesh above kept the thousands of pounds of giant from crushing him completely. For the moment.

Then Fern began to walk. First the assent, then the forward momentum, then the decent with a bone jarring THUD and the foot above pressing him into the insole with a weight that almost did him in. The process repeated itself again and again and again.

Fern walked down the sidewalk. Normally she would be on her way to The Sugar Bowl, but today she was heading to Mrs. Powers's Ice Cream Shop. She was enjoying the warm weather and felt ice cream was in order. Of course she could've gotten that at the Sugar Bowl but today she was in the mood to try the competition. It wasn't long before she met up with a friend who was happening to be coming from the very establishment. And why not? His mother owned it.

"Hi Brain"

She stood and had brief conversation with Alan Powers, AKA "The Brain". But as she bid Brain "See you later" and continued on her way Fern began to notice a sensation in her right loafer, just under the Ball of her foot. She thought nothing of it at first, it became distracting. She stopped again and looked down.

"Hmm"

It definitely felt like something was squirming in her Loafer. She wiggled her toes, did an ant crawl inside? She rubbed her foot against the insole of the loafer. Whatever the Object was she felt it move under her toes. It wasn't moving then.

Fern thought then
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kane01 (UN: kahn101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kane01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1750513-Micro-in-Cartoons/cid/2663556-Fern-Walters