*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933512-Realm-of-Possibility
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by throku
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1933512
Students study witchcraft for a paper and ends up in the realm of possibility. Vore-story.

Students study witchcraft for a paper and ends up in the realm of possibility. Vore-story.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Discussion and comments thread:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34662
(remember you can also e-mail writers and on Eka's PM them.)

Please, only original characters.
And retain characters please, continuity helps everyone. (As in meet one character in one thread, then unless something has happened, they will be much the same in another, if come across.)
Once all "keys" to a door is destroyed the door disappears.

-------------------------------------------
There wasn't anything really special about them, three average high school girls, Mandy and Bethany of average height and Amy the shorter a little thicker and curvier blonde. Nothing unusual, Bethany might have the pale complexion and the dark hair from her British heritage, but not the accent. And Mandy though pretty enough didn't really stand out from any other East Coast-brunette her age.

They had struck it off almost from the fist day of high school, sure they got plenty of friends besides as well, some good too, but the three of them had always hung out. So by the end of their third year they were close enough to take almost all the same classes just to be together.
One they had ended up choosing, for their senior year, was one that didn't sound like too much work, but that by the looks of things would give them plenty of time to work on it and at the same time, probably because of the time allocated to the project do wonders for their final scores if they could get a decent grade in it.

After asking the teachers they found out that they could work in groups, so the three of them could work together. They could also choose any subject they wanted to, since the subject wasn't the important part of the project, but the form.
The task was to produce an article suitable for publication, the girls obviously didn't have a clue as to what kind of effort was put into a proper article and the research behind it, be it scientific, historical, or any other kind of themed article, you can write about a very nerdy or weird subject, but you need to be knowledgeable about it and present that knowledge in a believable way to be taken serious, especially by the people interested in the subject.

They could all see themselves writing for some paper after school, not that they were writing for the school paper or anything, but a girl can dream, besides if they could manage a good article that'd probably be valued higher than school paper experience anyhow.

With the project set in their upcoming schedule the three started talking about what the heck they should write about and they went through hundreds of topics from serious to really immature, male penises and the nature of the female orgasm amongst them.
It wasn't until they started talking about what they were going to do over the summer break and Amy mentioned that she was going to spend most of it with her family in some dead end of a forgotten road that neither of the other girls had heard of and she said that it was less than an hour from Salem, so she hoped that she would at least get to see a proper witch up there.

“That sounds like a great subject!” Mandy had exclaimed and the other two had agreed, they'd all keep an eye out for witch things over the summer and if it didn't seem like a good subject when they reunited next semester they could always choose a different topic.

Bethany should like Amy spend most of her summer with her family, but on the other side of the World, in England, her dad being an Englishman, perhaps not so proper, but he liked to sing that he was 'a legal alien' often enough.
She had feared that they'd be stuck at his brother's house all summer, but it turned out that they were road tripping a bit, mostly in Scotland viewing a few old castles and what not, but mostly whiskey breweries, Beth's mom had quite enough of that, so the road trip was cut a bit short much to her dad and uncle's disappointment.
After that they made made a few excursions, more planned, Beth's mom and uncle’s wife having sought to that. At least Beth ended up visiting Stonehenge, which she thought was pretty witchy, but it was when they spent nearly a week in London visiting Madame Tussaud’s Wax-museum and such that she found her way into weird shops and stores, an antique store in Old England really is old and worthy of the name antique, unlike the stores she'd been used to using the name. She bought a few things because she wanted some souvenirs and they looked cool.
The experience made her contemplate the fact that things here really were old, the castles she'd seen in Scotland were as old and older than the US is today when the US was new and Stonehenge was much older still.

So while her mother and uncle's wife went shopping and her dad and uncle went pubbing, she looked for old book stores and not, figuring that maybe she could find something on witches here. True enough there were plenty of books on the subject, but nothing really old or interesting, she still ended up buying a couple since they looked like serious attempts on covering the history of witchcraft and what not, but there were nothing about actual spells or such which was what she really wanted.
The day after they had passed the London library on their way to see Big Ben and figured that if there were anyone what'd store very old books for a very long time it'd be libraries, so she told her party to go on without her only to find that this library was for members only, sure anyone could become a member, but the library wasn't that old and occult books just didn't seem like their style.

'London library' had sounded pretty official though so if it wasn't, what the heck was the city library called and where was it?
With her cellphone's aid it wasn't that hard to figure out, nor find and they seemed more the genuine deal.

On a hunch she'd gone directly to the nerdiest looking librarian she could find and asked for help, figuring that the books she really wanted was probably in storage.
That turned out to be a good move, generally the day to day business for a librarian is little more than cleaning up after people, returning books and magazines to their proper place on one shelf or another, but what some of them were more interested in was that search for knowledge and the dusty mysteries of old times past.
So this gentleman in his late thirties turned out to be just one of those, any reason to get to go down in the old vaults was a good reason, not that the vaults here were that old, but their contents were.

He'd led her to a computer terminal and gone through the obligatory searches that he was supposed to do, and at first he had thought that she just wanted the latest twilight book or what not, but got ever the more intrigued when she told him to stop being silly.
Several searches later and going through the lists of resulting hits those had generated, the two of them hadn't found a single book that sounded interesting that wasn't published in the nineteen hundreds, which wasn't what she was looking for, much to the librarian's satisfaction.
So he disappeared down a set of stairs and returned soon enough with a cart loaded with old books. She thought she could even see a light shimmer of sweat on his forehead. Perhaps he'd thought she might tire and go away while he was gone, or was he that exited?

Either way it turned out to be the old index books, listing stuff from before the age of computers, sure enough most that was in them was in the system nowadays, but not all of it, which was his point and opportunity to nerd it out librarian style.
This was a bit more time consuming than she had first realized, so she feared she was taking up too much of his time, but he assured her that wasn't the case at all. The hits he managed to gather from these books sounded a lot more promising, luckily the books also contained a shorter description of the items and that way they could dismiss them without going to retrieve the items in question. After a couple of hours though she thought it prudent to ask if he wanted something to eat, he had trouble with a young pretty lady buying him lunch but couldn't very well say no either and they had like four different places at the library serving food so at least she got his staff discount. And during their break he got to know about her school project and managed to figure out what she was really looking for.

Thus as they got back he scratched most of the items of interest on the list they had made so far and an hour later it still wasn't as big as it had been, but there were at least a few things on it so he let her come down to the vaults, not that she was allowed inside, but there was a table for her to sit at outside and he brought her book after book to flip through while he went in search of the next one. She found it kind of weird to sit in a dark space with no windows paging old dusty books while wearing gloves, but at the same time she got part of the air that he obviously liked about it.

The books he found were really quite interesting, one about witch hunting that seemed to contain first hand stories from real witch hunters. Another of a clergyman on the witch burnings when they happened. Unfortunately they were all books she couldn't borrow, she could sit here and flip through them but that was about it, and she hadn't brought her notebook, not even pen and paper so the best she could do was take notes on her phone and hope that her school or local library could borrow them for her.

But there was one book that when he came with it to her he smiled a lot. “You might like this one...” He said “... It was just listed as a manuscript, no title, and under occult. Apparently it was given to the library after someone died and it's never been borrowed since the library acquired it in eighteen forty nine. Never even been brought forward for someone to read from as far as I can tell. And clearly it's a lot older than the eighteen hundreds.” He said with satisfaction and placed it gently down in front of her. “Have a look.” He added and opened it.

She could see that it was handwritten and full of symbols, even scrutinizing the text she had trouble reading it, there was nothing wrong with the handwriting, but it was very elaborate and the language was anything but modern. The symbols and weird drawings that showed up on every other page let her believe that this might be a real life spell book.
This, this was exactly what she had hoped to find, there was just one thing, she was leaving England in a few days and this was probably not one of the books she could borrow anyway.

The librarian had calmed her though, usually you can't borrow books that old, but oddly enough this book wasn't on any no borrow list. It could have to do with no one paying it any attention for over a century and a half, which was also the reason he figured that she could have it for a year, until she came back next year to visit her family. There was a bit of paperwork, with her not even being a British citizen and all, but he helped her with that, if no one had shown any interest in the book the last hundred and sixty years, why would they do so now all of a sudden?

He'd given her a case to carry and keep it in and a pair of gloves to use while handling it. With that she'd been off and really eager to explore its mysteries, but while she was in England she just couldn't, both because her family kept her busy enough and because she feared that her pesky cousins might ruin the book if they found her reading it.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated XGC. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1933512-Realm-of-Possibility