*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1969497-The-Magic-Pencil-By-Dayaman/cid/LNYQ9W3V5-Bruce-and-the-Governors-kids
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1969497
You find a pencil that can draw and erase not only drawings, but reality.
This choice: Bruce uses the Pencil to make himself friends with Cooper's children.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #84

Bruce and the Governor's kids

    by: TPDSMCH
Bruce went over to a list of names he had put up on the wall. All the names on the list were those of friends of his, and he had numbers beside them for their ages. They included Alanna, Astro (who had adopted the new name Chad, but allowed the others to call him Astro), Atticus, Baxter, Bogo, Brucie, Buster, Candace, Daniel (the oldest son of the Beagle family from the park), Dynamite (now known as David), Elton, Emma (the daughter of Sergeant Athena Prendergast, the German Shepherd-headed military woman from the park), Fluffy (now known as Wendy), Frankie, Grover, Nitro, Peanut (now known as Charlotte), Perdita, Queenie, Ripper (now known as Brad), Rosie (who had befriended Bruce after another visit of his to the coffee shop), Sammy, Tommy (Emma's Belgian Malionis-headed brother), Wilma (he had met the mayor after the announcement of the city's new charter) and Zeke. He looked for a clear space and, when he found it, he began drawing some names.

"JACK COOPER, JR., 18"
"SALLY COOPER, 16"
"CHLOE COOPER, 13"
"FRANKLIN COOPER, 9"
"DYLAN COOPER, 5"
"DAISY COOPER, 5"

Those were the names he put down. They were the names of the children of Cooper and Gracie. Dylan and Daisy were twins. Their older siblings were born before Cooper was elected. While the tip of the pencil was graphene (like all pencils), the names came out in ink, as though they were written with a pen.

"Are those the names of Cooper's kids?" Perdita asked when she notice the new names.

"Yeah, I'm trying to imagine them as friends of mine," Bruce said.

"So we personally know the governor's family now?" Stella asked.

"Exactly," Bruce replied. At that exact moment, his phone went off. When he checked it, it indicated that "JACK COOPER" was making a video call. When Bruce answered it, the face he was met by was that of a younger version of Cooper's head on a teenage boy's body.

"Hey, Bruce, so you heard about Dad declaring his candidacy, didn't you?" the caller asked.

"We were just looking at it on the news here, Jack," Bruce found himself saying. "You must be one proud family."

"Yeah, I know," Jack replied. "Hey guys, you wanna talk to Bruce?" he said, turning his head. He was soon joined by a teenage girl with the head of a younger version of Gracie, two younger kids (one male, one female) with Goldador (Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever mix) heads, and two young fraternal twins (again, one male, one female) who had young puppy heads of their parents. Respectively, these were Sally, Chloe, Franklin, Dylan and Daisy.

"You all excited about moving to Washington with your father?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, we are," Chloe said.

"I've always wanted to see the inside of the White House," Sally said.

"Yeah, I'm sure you'll be impressed, compared with our current home," Franklin teased.

"You think the twins' nanny will be with you after the move?" Bruce asked.

"I guess so," Jack replied. He turned to the twins, "Would you like your nanny to join us in Washington?"

"Yep," the twins said in unison.

After a few minutes, Bruce said goodbye to the kids on the other end and ended the video call.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Bruce and friends prepare to follow Cooper's campaign.

*Noteb*
2. Jack and his siblings follow their dad's campaign.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 TPDSMCH (UN: tpds at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Robbie - We got this! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1969497-The-Magic-Pencil-By-Dayaman/cid/LNYQ9W3V5-Bruce-and-the-Governors-kids