Have been away for a couple of weeks. One of my sons sustained a back injury and just went through surgery on the 24th. Nerve wracking for us, but best Christmas present he could get...no more pain. Another relative is going through Stage IV lung cancer and chemo treatments. It has not been the best couple of months for us. We are hoping to buy some time for my sister-in-law. Recovery for my son will be slow and steady. Here is hoping for a better 2020!!
I have just been wondering about this lately. Since I have retired I find myself busier than ever. Add to that a granddaughter that is growing faster than freshly trimmed marsh grasses and I am REALLY busy. Granted, it is all the things I have been wanting to do for a long time. Just seems, that when I had a paying job, I had more down time, lol!
Well, Nanowrimo was not quite the disaster I feared. The Muse was as cooperative possible this month. I as doing pretty well until the 16th. We have been offline a lot since then due to a move to our new home. Living out of boxes while some renovations wrap up has been trying. Then last Tuesday our oldest son and his wife gifted us with our first grandchild, a lovely little girl. Top that off with our other two sons and a DIL staying with us for Thanksgiving, you get the idea. The Muse stayed calm throughout, adding a few new ideas for consideration, resulting in another 1235 words this morning for a whopping total of 18, 239. Not so much I know, but squeezing out that much has made me happy!
18 Reasons why Writing.com is the best site for writers on the internet.
1. Newbies are always welcome and encouraged.
2. Exposure to all types of writing genres.
3. Activities and contests to challenge any skill level.
4. Classes and seminare to help polish writing skills.
5. The members are a fun bunch of people!
6. There is always someone who will take the time to review your work.
7. Plenty of poetry posts amongst the prose.
8. Writing prompts galore.
9. The support for other writers is wonderful.
10. A chance to interact with other writers from around the world.
11. A great safe place to make friends.
12. Got writer's block? WDC'ers can offer a virtual shoulder to whine on.
13. No one cares if you are in your pj's and look like something the cat dragged in.
14. Merit Badges and Gift Points make great motivators on occasion.
15. Plenty of chances to read what flows from the pens of other writers.
16. Just as many chances to recognize those talents with a positive review of their efforts.
17. The people, the people, the people!
18. Eighteen years of experience offered to any and all who want to learn.