Well, Nanowrimo was not quite the disaster I feared. The Muse was as cooperative possible this month. I as doing pretty well until the 16th. We have been offline a lot since then due to a move to our new home. Living out of boxes while some renovations wrap up has been trying. Then last Tuesday our oldest son and his wife gifted us with our first grandchild, a lovely little girl. Top that off with our other two sons and a DIL staying with us for Thanksgiving, you get the idea. The Muse stayed calm throughout, adding a few new ideas for consideration, resulting in another 1235 words this morning for a whopping total of 18, 239. Not so much I know, but squeezing out that much has made me happy!
18 Reasons why Writing.com is the best site for writers on the internet.
1. Newbies are always welcome and encouraged.
2. Exposure to all types of writing genres.
3. Activities and contests to challenge any skill level.
4. Classes and seminare to help polish writing skills.
5. The members are a fun bunch of people!
6. There is always someone who will take the time to review your work.
7. Plenty of poetry posts amongst the prose.
8. Writing prompts galore.
9. The support for other writers is wonderful.
10. A chance to interact with other writers from around the world.
11. A great safe place to make friends.
12. Got writer's block? WDC'ers can offer a virtual shoulder to whine on.
13. No one cares if you are in your pj's and look like something the cat dragged in.
14. Merit Badges and Gift Points make great motivators on occasion.
15. Plenty of chances to read what flows from the pens of other writers.
16. Just as many chances to recognize those talents with a positive review of their efforts.
17. The people, the people, the people!
18. Eighteen years of experience offered to any and all who want to learn.
I would like to thank everyone who has sent me all of the lovely good wishes for being promoted to Yellow Case! This is a surprise, and overwhelming and lovely all at the same time. I tried to answer each one individually and I hope I missed no one. But all of you deserve a real shout out for making my day.
We have been celebrating the unofficial kick off of the summer season here on the Delmarva Beaches this Memorial Day Weekend. We are also celebrating the fact that we will be grandparents for the first time come this November. It was merry mayhem here this weekend, so I did not see all of the emails, cNotes and other goodies until very late last night.
Thanks again for really adding some sparkles to an already bang up weekend!