*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041136-Support-Our-President
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1041136
It is a patriotic piece.
Our President has held strong throughout the years he has been in office. I believe, because of all the things President Bush has done, he deserves all of our support. But now many of us doubt him at the point in time when he needs us! Why?
The Bush administration won the majority of the people in the United States over in the year 2000 and again in 2004. With hope started both of his terms and in agreement we started a new millennium. Democrats have repeatedly criticized his every move, the biggest accusation being of withholding and manipulating pre-war intelligence and misleading Americans. Three senior democrats who are now against the war on terrorism made pre-war statements supporting President Bush’s decisions. The most hypocritical statement of the three was made by Senator Harry Reid of Nevada who said,” Saddam Hussein, in effect, has thumbed his nose at the world community. And I think the president’s approaching this in the right fashion.” Senator Harry Reid made this remark and then a while later began criticizing the president he had a just praised. Many people, not all of them being democrats, have done this and it has definitely hurt not only President Bush, but ourselves.
“This nation acted to a threat from the dictator of Iraq,” President Bush said while speaking to business leaders in New Jersey,” Now there are some who would like to rewrite history—revisionist historians is what I like to call them.” Many people in our country can fit into this category by being critics and “revisionist historians”. Even after President Bush and our allies crushed Saddam Hussein, critics out there continue to criticize decisions that prove that our country is free and strong enough to withhold pain and fight back. President Bush’s rivals are sending out the wrong message by questioning the rationale for war. Are they questioning who and what our men are fighting for?
On September 11, 2001 four commercial flights were hijacked. All of the passengers on three of those flights were convinced by the hijackers that it was a “routine” hijacking and that they were being flown back to the airport to get their demands met. Minutes later, around 9:00, two of those flights slammed mercilessly into our Twin Towers where thousands of normal people had just gone to work. Before we could react the third flight hit our military’s pride- the Pentagon. While we sat there a fourth flight was hijacked, United Airlines Flight 93 from New Jersey to San Francisco. Forty men and women were herded to the rear of the aircraft while hijackers took control. Thirteen minutes into this hijacking, family members said good-bye to their loved ones and unofficially began the war on terrorism. But fifteen minutes airtime from our nation’s capital Flight 93, at 580 miles per hour, slammed into the ground. Not one of those brave men or women survived. President Bush recognized this threat and sent our troops to Afghanistan and ultimately to Iraq. President Bush did this to save us and avenge thousands of deaths. “We will never back down. We will never give in. We will never accept anything less than complete victory,” President Bush said. In all of our country’s history we have never accepted anything less than complete victory! But those out there who critique and criticize are bringing us closer to accepting defeat! Maybe not defeat across the sea, but here, at home, where it hurts the most.
President Bush said that the United States and its allies are determined to keep weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of extremists. But when criticism from political figures reaches the ears of our men, how long are they going to want to fight for a country that no longer believes? President and troops alike demand our support! So I challenge critics out there to give in and support our president and troops!
© Copyright 2005 Olivia Hunnicut (quill1211 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041136-Support-Our-President