*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1044979-The-Arcadian-Quest-for-Truth-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1044979
The Quest continues...friends embark on a common goal, to find the Arcadian.
Chapt.2

Alaron and Arabeth were finished with the ritual in a quick manner.

"We must continue." Garik spoke up in a confident tone. "We must find the Arcadian, before Crelin gets a hold of our position."

"Let Crelin come, we'll kick him and hurt him." Tarakin added in his youthful manner.

“Tarakin, Crelin is a very serious opponent; there is no time for your childishness. You must become a stronger and wiser healer before we come up against him. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sister, I will be stronger and wiser.”
I gave my brother the advice he needed before he did something foolish.

Sokal, was very quiet as we walked towards Revelin. A town three moils north of Elvador. We decided that we were going to need food, rest, and to stock up on supplies, and there was no better place to do it, then in Revelin. It was the largest marketplace near Elvador.

“Sokal, what troubles you?”

“Sajili, I was wondering something. Have you ever seen it?”

“Seen what?”

“The Arcadian. Do you know what it looks like? Is it safe?”

Sokal’s questions troubled me. I in fact had never seen the Arcadian with my own eyes, but my father had. He went on mission, not unlike ours, a few years ago, when I was just a girl, for King Rometus.

My father had told me stories of his journey. He told me of how he fought vigorously to get the Arcadian. I knew the journey we were on was a hard one; I just didn’t know how to tell Sokal that without worrying him.

“Sokal, I have never seen it, but I do know that it rests in the Cave of Paratos. Once we have it, we will be able to stop Crelin from his attacks and save our lands. The Arcadian is safe for those pure of heart and mind. In the hands of someone like Crelin, it can be dangerous for all nations, even elementals.”

Sokal stopped walking and stared at me with fire in his eyes. “Sajili, if we shall perish for what is right; I will fight along side of you. I will follow you anywhere.”

“Thank you my friend.” We fell into a hug that made me feel secure, yet guilty. I left Sokal towards the back and ran to catch up with Tarakin and the rest of the group.

Alaron had already stepped into the leadership role and was guiding us towards Revelin.

“We shall reach Revelin by dark. We’ll set up lodging and get our supplies in the morning.” He spoke in a deep and broad tone, which always sent little shivers down my spine.

Once we reached Revelin, the first thing we did was find a place to camp out for the night. Since we were in hiding from Crelin and his huntsmen, we never gave out our true names. When suitable lodging was found, Naiya, Veata, and Iselia all shared a room, Arabeth and I shared a room, Sokal, Garik, Tarakin, and Alaron shared the last room. I was afraid to leave Tarakin because he was having nightmares of our parents and they were getting worse.

When everyone else was asleep, I decided to go to the Balin Inn to find out any new information about Crelin and his whereabouts; I knew Alaron wouldn’t like it, so I had to sneak quietly. As I made my way out of the room, I grabbed the blue hooded cloak and headed for the door when a hand startled me.

“Where are you sneaking off to?” I turned around to see Sokal standing behind me with his arms folded and glaring at me disapprovingly. I decided to tell him the truth.

“I was headed to the Balin Inn. I heard that the huntsman hang out there sometimes, and I wanted to get new information on Crelin. Anything we know about him will help us out.”

“Sajili, you cannot go alone.” Sokal said placing his hand on the door, preventing me from leaving.

“I must find out. We must know what we are up against. I will be fine. I am a mimic, I can take care of myself.”

“Yes, and I am an elemental, but I wouldn’t dare go to the Balin Inn alone. I am coming with you.”

Since I knew I wasn’t going to change his mind, I reluctantly shook my head in agreement. “First we must cover you up. You have elemental written all over you. I grabbed a gray tunic and blue trousers for Sokal.”

Sokal looked at me with slight fear. “You sure you want to do this, it could be dangerous.”

As I grabbed the crystal blade of Hindis and placed it inside my cloak, “No, but we have to.” We rushed out of the door and made our way to the Balin Inn.
© Copyright 2005 Lyric Ealy (lyrical_one at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1044979-The-Arcadian-Quest-for-Truth-Chapter-2