*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1150485-The-Oceans-Tide
Rated: E · Monologue · Environment · #1150485
'I remember those days... '. Remembering good times and wanting them to return.
The Oceans Tide


I remember those days so clearly. It's as if they are prize winning moments in time that have frozen so deeply within my mind that now nothing can take them away from me. Nobody can take them away from me. When you look at a photograph you see everything as it is. The people, the emotion. Nothing ever changes. Sometimes it is better that way. We see people how we want to see them, how we want to remember them. We feel the emotions, go right back to the time it was taken and imagine how it would be if it was taken again.

I open my photo album.

I remember those days. The sun, the sand, the beautiful blue sky reflecting upon the ocean. The backdrop to my childhood. I was safe. I was happy. I had no fear and nothing could stop me. Everybody is smiling.
In the distance the tide is approaching. I remember how I used to chase the waves into the sea and how I would run away when they rushed back out into the golden sand. It was exhilarating.

But now I feel as though I am drowning in that tide. I didnt see it coming. I must not have ran when it chased me. I didnt see it chase me. Now all I see is nothing but darkness as I drift along the seabed. I cant even make out the blue sky that I know is out there somewhere.

And now I am just waiting until I can float above this fierce ocean. Waiting until I have the strength to fight against its current. Waiting for someone to come and rescue me. And on that day, when I wash up onto the shore, I will smile again. My experience will have taught me to swim and I will swear on that day to never drown in that ocean again.

I begin to turn the page










© Copyright 2006 xWhite Tigerx (xwhite_tigerxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1150485-The-Oceans-Tide