*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166441-Innocent-Until-Proven-Guilty
Rated: E · Editorial · Political · #1166441
Innocent Until Proven Guilty
Innocent Until Proven Guilty


We are supposed to be innocent until proved guilty in this -- these United States. I know first hand that if you are jailed for suspicion or heresy, here in Phoenix, AZ ---they--the "Joe Arapio, our American Hero" and others in power like him------don't care if you're guilty or innocent. Un-sentenced, un-tried, un-convicted people are held prisoner and are treated worse than those who are convicted of murder, rape and child molestation.

Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves to see our constitution ignored, blasphemed and defecated upon. Have you read the Declaration of Independence lately? How about the Constitution of the United States of America? I scanned through the abridged encyclopedic version on the forth of July this year...

I think every American needs to review, read and study it every three years, and vow to uphold and defend it once again, especially against those in power who can and will take our freedom(s) away if we allow them to. We place way too much trust in the wrong hands, or by conditioning--feel powerless to stop them from the corruption that power, whether absolute or not does ferment and changes even good intention to a darkness of hate, gold lust and greed.

As a voice of the people we as poets, bards and writers have an obligation to our fellow human as well as other life forms on this once abundant mother earth; to speak out against injustice, bigotry, prejudice, and what we innately know to be wrong, even if our view and observations are not on the side that propaganda calls "God's Side"

So please, DO WRITE ON!

Love & Light!
)O(
DragonBlue

#3. Review Of "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" (nw) [Rated: E]

Review By: HapPy NEw YeAr!... (15) tadoll08
Date and Time: 10-28-06 @ 8:50pm
Public/Private: Private
Reviewer's Rating: (4.0)
Review Length: 401 Characters

This is a good essay on a nice topic. I never really think about it much, but being reminded of it let me remember how important it really is.

I found one mistake: 3rd paragraph, 4th line, weather. it should be whether.

I expected more from the essay, like you have more to say. It seems as though it should be longer.
But good job.


My reply:

Thank you for the correction. I will edit shortly. And yes there is much more to add. But sometimes the truth is too fantastic to believe and the lie we believe is just too packed to be true.

I found out first hand, that I have no constitutional or civil rights at all as an American in this state of Arizona, because I have not the money to fight their violation of my civil and constitutional rights. Enough money to fight those in power with enough greed to break them all. Unconvicted, untried, unproven of guilt, these people are held for 30-60-90?? days and treated worse than convicted psycho killers, rapists and child molestors.

If they were prisoners of war, by the Geneva convention, the jailors and this establishment would be sent up for the death penalty for inhumane and unjust punishment.

But, so it goes, as it is, and there you have it...if you have the money, you have human rights. If you don't, too bad. What are you going to do about it.

)O(
DragonBlue

** Image ID #1119569 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2006 DragonBlue (dragonblue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1166441-Innocent-Until-Proven-Guilty