*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185143-Some-People
Rated: E · Editorial · Psychology · #1185143
Some people just don't get it, do they?
Just Some Thoughts from the Sage...

Have you ever noticed that some people just don't get it? If my 40+ years on this earth have taught me anything, it’s that we really do control own destinies... Or do we? Uh Oh, which is it? Do we have control, or are we destined to become whatever God has planned for us?

Since we can't follow more than one path at a time, all we can do is look retrospectively at our lives and speculate as to what we could, or should, have done differently. Hind sight, as they say, is twenty-twenty, but we can never really know what might have happened had we made different choices in our lives.

Have you ever wondered why some people just float through life as if they had no control over what happens in their lives? If you asked them, they'd say something like, "I believe that what happens to us is predestined; it’s God's great plan."

Yeah, right...

What happens to them happens because they don't make conscious decisions concerning the direction of their lives, so it appears that life, or God, or someone, is choosing for them. Perhaps you are one of these types of people. I used to be one of them until I became enlightened.

Until recently, I thought my life would pretty much be whatever it was destined to become and that my job was to live as long as I was allowed and enjoy what I could along the way, but certainly I had no control over my life... What an idiot I was.

The truth is, we are all the stewards of our own futures. Unless we're complete idiots, we can become whatever we choose to become, and thinking about it happening can make it so. There is power in positive thinking. Well at least there's more power in positive thinking than in negative thinking. When we think negatively, we shoot ourselves in the foot before we've even left the gate. Why do we do that?

I have no answers, but I do know that since I've taken control of my own life and begun to think positively, things are finally beginning to go my way. I am more successful and confident now because I know that my ideas, suggestions, and contributions are just as important as those of others, perhaps even more important because I have considered my ideas thoroughly since I understand how profoundly my decision could impact the rest of my life.

I’m not saying we should over analyze ever decision; quite the opposite in fact, but if we make conscious decisions about our lives, we can override our so called predetermined futures. I firmly believe that the single most important thing we can do is follow our dreams and chase fervently after our passions, for if you love what you do, happiness will follow. If you work for money or social standing, you may get rich, but you won't enjoy your life.

Ask yourself this question. If you had nowhere to go tomorrow, nothing to do, and no one was telling you what to do, what <i>would</i> you do?

Good Luck,

-- Sage
© Copyright 2006 Sage Chandler (drivdahl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185143-Some-People