*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190113-Delight-in-Him
by Karen
Rated: E · Editorial · Inspirational · #1190113
Have you ever had desires that weren't met?
Delight in Him

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
Psalm 37:4


Have you ever felt like you had desires that weren’t met? Doesn’t His word say that He will give us the desires of our heart? Too often that’s how we read scripture, but it says here …. “Delight yourself in the Lord.” Oh! That changes some things now, doesn’t it?

I looked up delight in the dictionary and the meaning that jumped out at me was ‘to give satisfaction or enjoyment to; highly please’ and in the original Hebrew the word here means pliable. And yep, I had to look that one up too. Pliable means flexible … yielding.

Think about the sign on the highway that says to YIELD. Yield means to give up our way first … we give something up to someone. God is asking you and me to give up our way and allow Him to have His way. On the highway, when I yield, I look to make sure no cars are coming ... when I see it's clear, I have a peace knowing I can move forward. In my life, when I yield, I check with Him first and I wait until there's a peace of knowing it's okay to move forward.

So when I delight myself in the Lord, which means to please Him; yield to Him and His ways, doing as He instructs me to do with my life … then He will give me the desires of my heart.

I admit I have gone to Him and said, “I want this!” But I am reminded that I want His will and not mine. I want to hold things in my life loosely … I want to yield everything to Him, so He can put His desires in my heart. Those are the desires He promises to give us.

And isn’t His plan better than mine?

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
© Copyright 2006 Karen (kade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1190113-Delight-in-Him