*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1241500-Expression
by Ace
Rated: E · Thesis · Opinion · #1241500
An outlet, and a way to show the world who we are.
Expression
An Outlet, and a Way to Show the World Who We Are.
By: Ace

We, as the people, as a race, have our differences and our similarities. No doubt it is our differences that show the world, and the people who we are. It is the ways of expression that we use that leave a lasting impression. It could be through a sport, for some people, that they express something about themselves. It could be through music that someone might communicate what they would otherwise never tell. It could also be through writing, or dance, or maybe through art that each of us give apart of ourselves to the world. And it is the expression that we choose to speak through that defines who we are.

For people like my cousins, it could be through they’re religion and faith in God that helps them to express the forgiving, and more understanding side of themselves. Of course we all know that at one time it seems no one will listen to us no matter what form of expression we use. But it does not change what we stood for, or, what we still stand for. Through our expression we are immortalizing  a part of ourselves that will always be remembered.

For everyone of us in this room, in this school even, I know that we all express ourselves. For me it is writing. For you it could be dance or football, and for the person siting next to you, or across from you it could be art. Though we all have different ways of expression, and what we are expressing is or isn’t them same, what we are trying to accomplish is. Thrown into a world of- drugs, sex, lust, and work, expression has always been, and will always be, an extremely important facet of the living experience.

For me writing is my life. It's my way to express myself and my way to keep to myself. Sometimes I write things that show what should be, or what can be. Most of the time though, I write to show what is. My writing usually starts with a character. No story, no plot, just the character. My characters become something though, along the way they become they're own person and all I have to do is write the stories they create for themselves's.

Most of my writing though is always deep and depressing. Perhaps it could be because of what I like to show, and that is the hard, and cold world that we live in today. I've tried to write a happy story with rainbows and unicorns that make someone smile, but I cant. I can easily write a happy sun filled poem or a story but I CARE about my writing. I want it to mean something and I want it to be true. For me writhing isn't just making up characters and a story to go with it. And I know that for everyone their form of expression isn’t just what they do, and it is not something that doesn’t matter.  Maybe that's how it starts out for some people, but, I want to write things that teach us something about life, about the way we live life. For me my writing has to mean something so that it is something.
Why do we watch, why do we listen? Why do some people watch instead of express? I think some people watch so that they can learn, but some people express so that they can show. So that they can show the world and the people a new way of looking at things and a new way of seeing things. That's why I express myself, at least. And yet, some people hide it. They hide who they are and they're way of expression. For fear of ridicule and teasing perhaps. But I cant imagine that.

Some people may think I'm insane (or weird, which ever you'd like more) because I need writing so much. But is that not the way everyone is? Is that not the way some people are with soccer? Or perhaps with playing music? Its they're way and my way of showing who we are! Of giving a piece of ourselves so that other people can see it! And so that other people can learn from it. Expression in anyway is what separates us from everyone else. It's what makes us different, in each way of expression we show a little bit of ourselves's in it.

That's why I also think that some people that don't express themselves's, or hide they're way of expression from everyone else aren't really living. Of course they are in a sense but when they die, or when they're gone, what can we remember them for? What can we remember them for if they were only like every other person who failed to show the world who they really are? But at the same time it doesn't have to be that way. Because you don't have to be just another name on a headstone when you die. You can be someone! Once, someone said to me, "Your mission in life is to be born, reproduce, and then die".

But it can be so much more! All we have to do is take the chances. Take the opportunities that bring us closer to a real, and true life. Artist, writers, and scientists, all of then are screaming "Look at what you can do! Be the best you can be! Strive to break free from it all! Escape the never ending birth-reproduction-death cycle. Become what others couldn't and show those who didn't believe in you that you can do it! You CAN be all you can be..." Those are the people that we learn from, and we are the people that need to teach that to other people. So that everyone can be they're own person, so that we can be free to express who we are, and so that everyone can be remembered. So that there's no reason to be forgotten....


Oscar Wilde -“A visionary is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world.”

Anthony J. D'Angelo - “If you have a vision, do something with it.”

Unknown - “A vision without a task is but a dream, a task without a vision is drudgery, a vision and a task is the hope of the world.”
© Copyright 2007 Ace (cityscape78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1241500-Expression