*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257358-The-Secret-Life-of-a-Teenage-Housewife
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Women's · #1257358
Wasn't this the part of life I was supposed to enjoy?


I feel like I speak for the majority of housewives in America when I say that I feel more like a cook, a maid, and even a Mother to my mate than I feel like a lover. Only there's one big difference between me and every other housewife. Im not married and Im only nineteen!

I guess it started when I went to Basic Training at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina. I was seventeen when I left. Two months shy of my eighteenth birthday. I thought I was in love with the most amazing man I had met. Tom wasn't like most men. He wanted a serious relationship. Before I left, he wanted to spend every waking second with me. If one of his co workers needed to trade shifts with him at work, there was no way he could give a definate answer before he could get a chance to talk to me. If it worked with my schedule, then he was okay with it. If trading meant he might possibly have to spend one less minute with me, then it was out of the question. As for his friends, the first couple of months of our relationship I came to believe his friends were imaginary. If I didn't have my own plans, there was no way he could think of hanging out with anyone but me. I'm not trying to say that's how every guy should be, but the attention was nice. Hell, nowadays any attention at all would be nice.

I didn't actually meet Tom's friends until 2 months into our relationship.Which was about how long it had been since he had hung out with his friends.
© Copyright 2007 TooYoung (tooyoung at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257358-The-Secret-Life-of-a-Teenage-Housewife