*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299009-What-If-The-World-Were-To-End-Tomorrow
Rated: 18+ · Critique · Death · #1299009
My thoughts on how people act in our society regarding death.
What if the world were to end tomorrow? Even better though, the world ends tomorrow, but we knew ahead of time that it was going to. Imagine the insanity, the constant fear of dying, and ultimatley, knowing when. I once read that, "the fascination with life is that it ends," which is certainly a frightening concept. However, it is very true and rings prominently in all of us everyday. Death is so common to use these days that we just let it in and let it out. Even with this minor accountance of death, we still fear it so much. Why? Personally, I think that death should be a time for celebration, not sorrow. I think that we dwell too much on the obvious fact that the person is dead and there's no attention paid to all the good things that they accomplished and all the great things that they did.
            But back to my main question. What if we knew oneday in advance that we would all die the next day? That's the fascination right there. We have no idea when life ends, that's another obssesion I guess. It could all end tomorrow so do what you want. I don't mean to live recklessley, but don't second guess yourself. Always be happy with your decision. The last thing you want to be doing is lying in your grave saying to yourself, "Shit, why did I never go there? I never said goodbye. Did he hear me say 'I love you' "? You're dead now. For once in a long fucking time, if any time, you should have no worries. You're dead. It's over. So quit fucking dwelling on the past. The greatest single lyric in all music is, "I can't believet that we would lie in our graves dreaming of things that we might have been, could have been, maybe." -Dave Matthews Band (Lie In Our Graves). So when the end of your days comes, don't be waiting for the day to arrive. Let that day wait for you.
© Copyright 2007 YouNeverKnow (dontburnthepig at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299009-What-If-The-World-Were-To-End-Tomorrow