*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1345939-Declaration-of-Independence--Intellectus
Rated: E · Fiction · Political · #1345939
Declaration Independence of a utopian state called 'Intellectus'. First document series.
When there comes a time or occurrence in nature where the bonds of men alike weaken from the differentiations of opinions and from the separation of wills, there must be a consensus to which we must agree and to which we must obey. There is a compelling force within every man then that makes of him subject no longer to that bond but to another bond, which comes from the tie which was just dissolved. And from that linkage, may God protect it, comes the fire of the soul which from beyond the laws of nature creates a force unstoppable even by armies of men uncountable. And should that force prevail, then the source for it will come along and must prevail too.

We see in every man certain rights to which he possesses undeniably until the end of time, certain rights which cannot be lost, sold or bought. We believe that everybody is free to follow their life without restrictions or inhibitions, inside reason, and to pursue happiness in whatever form he or she might define it. We believe that their is an unexploitable right to knowledge, wisdom.
However, with all these rights comes great responsibilities and these guarantees have like all guarantees, conditions. These conditions should be considered more as duties to which you are obliged to do by an inner force for without this inner force, you can no longer call yourself a member of our own. Among these duties are those of the quest for knowledge and the pledge to relieve the world of ignorance. The responsibility of suffrage to which we are all endowed and the volition to change the world to your vision of perfection. The compelling force that will make you voice your opinion, that will compel you to move mountains and rivers. The duty to belong, to be bound by the legislation approved by the men we choose to represent us. The duty of being one of us.

The struggle of our own, which we endured for years on end without asserting our disapproval. So many years we toiled under the burning sun. So many days we spent fearfully. But times call for something more, times call for a change in the system of governance of whom is willing to participate in this act today. We have seen the globe change so much, indeed, it changed little or should we say little to what we have aimed for. For we hath reasoning in our decisions, we duty-bound to list our reasons of disapproval.
We doth not want to partake in murder, hatred and carnage. We aspire not to mature (or better, immature) into the beasts who art modern men and women who seem to be in a rat race and whom deem their neighbours as filthy competitors whom desire is only to remove their money. We hath not the will to proceed in being incorporated portion and fraction of this society where such things as hatred of others, or belief in superiority or more (or less) rights, duties or guarantees (at birth) than themselves. Where love is material not emotional, where words are not thought and disgenics happen. Where intellectuality is considered something 'homosexual' or 'abnormal'. Where names are called to those who have done nothing. Where there is not acceptance of all members of society. Where the governments and nations have so much vanity the world is divided between two jingoistic states fighting for power and money for themselves, the leaders, while veiling this with religion, terrorism, freedom and democracy when they are not this.In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for reform in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. And as such we cannot stand no longer, for it is not that race we wish to share, support or league with.

But thinkest not that we wish to cut ourselves from the Human brethren. We have repeatedly in the near past denoted our discordance with their legislation and way of living to only be violated again by passing legislation to extend their jurisdiction and authority o'er our own. We hath reminded them that they should repeal such laws, we hath appealed to their sense of justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

Henceforth, We, by the powers invested in us today, in congregation, invoking He whom watches o'er us at all times and whom judges us, for the merit of our intentions, do hereby solemnly publish and create Intellectus, our own country to which we dedicate our body, mind and soul and to which we swear total allegiance. We bring forward this country as a chance for utopia, for perfection, for dreams unimaginable. As free independent states that we art, we hath the total sovereignty o'er our nation, its territory and people and we hath power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honour.
From the rest of the world, from the darkness of evil, from the bottom of the pit, from a disgraced, divided, indifferent and stunting world do we expel ourselves with a force from inside which could only be created by His presence in common with our pure and innocent free will and desire.
© Copyright 2007 Mattos da Costa (wisegod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1345939-Declaration-of-Independence--Intellectus