*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375301-Desires-Of--A-True-Christian
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1375301
What does the word of God say our desires should be? Easily offended? Avoid this.
I am often met with ridicule because I say that a man should rule his household. Even in the book of Esther it is stated that when a woman is disobedient to her husband it will cause other women to despise their husbands as well. Or in other words, one sinner destroyeth much good. So just what should a woman's true desire be to please God? Remembering that the life we lead here manifests at the throne of God what we believe.

Should she desire to be equal?
Should the church (bride, wife) desire earthly riches?

Psalm 37:4

[4] Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Now that we have established that when we delight ourselves in the Lord he will give us the desires of our heart. But, what are those desires to be if we truly love him? And do our desires that we speak manifest desires other than him? After all, he gave the children of Israel their lust and destroyed them while the meat was yet in their teeth.

Genesis 3:16

[16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

David was a man after God's own heart so if anyone knew what to desire he would. He also was a child of God and a part of the body of the bride. What might this man desire as a bride of Christ?

Psalm 73:25

[25] Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

David's desire was very deep. We can see that he manifested what the word says about loving the Lord before everything and more than everything. David spoke this twice so we know that it is true because under the law every matter is established by two or three witnesses. He maifested what Christ called the church's first love. The Lord was that one thing he desired. That should be an example for the modern church world. Repent and turn back to it's first love which should be desired above all else.

Psalm 27:4

[4] One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

Now that we have established in the mouth of two or three witnesses that the Lord should be the desire of our heart and he should rule the church we have also established that the men who are a type and shadow of the Lord in their households should rule their women in love who are types and shadows of the church.

But, how do we delight ourself in the Lord.

Isaiah 58:13,14

[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

To delight ourselves in the Lord we have to do just what the word says and do what pleases him and not us. If we do that which pleases us we are not led of the Spirit and not his.

Seeking earthly gain is not putting him first. Seeking that which shall feed our pride, wallet or build a supercenter of sin is not putting Christ first. Women trying to be equal with their husbands and the church trying to have any say in how it is run such as doctrines of man is not putting him first.

They are nothing more than types and shadows of rebellion which is likened to witchcraft according to the word of God. And that same word says suffer not a witch to live. There is no leading of the Spirit of God in a rebellious church. Neither in a rebellious household.

Chances are good that if a church resists the truth to preach prosperity all other sorts of blasphemy of the Holy Ghost they do not eternal life.

It is time for the church to wake up and stop blaspheming the Holy Ghost and making a mockery of the word of God in world that has been darkened by counsel spoken without the wisdom of God as Job put it. Darkened by the way of the wicked as written in Psalms.

If ye truly be risen with Christ seek those things which are above. That not seen with the natural eye. That which is unseen is eternal. Everlasting life. As brought forth by the Spirit. That which doesn't exalt men nor speak of this world or it's goods.








© Copyright 2008 Tiffany (tiffanyelise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375301-Desires-Of--A-True-Christian