*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380882-Anne-Boleyn
Rated: 13+ · Essay · History · #1380882
A vision of the tragic queen inspired from within the famous Hans Holbein's sketch of her.
ANNE BOLEYN



An Anne Boleyn’s portrait based on the personal vision of the tragic queen and inspired by the famous Hans Holbein the Younger’s drawing of her.



She was a queen of England for a very short period of time. Her life, in its most lively reality, began and ended just in one thousand days. She was the second wife of King Henry VIII, chosen to be the sacrifice of royal authority and power.

Anne was very beautiful and still more incredible in her passion to be admired. She possessed the most common features and qualities of a noblewoman. Yet something rare inside her, typical for no one else, created the perfection of having all in one and proved the innermost longing for beauty.

Anne was a mixture, strange in its precise nature, of various contrasts. So wise a woman and so naive a child. Neat and sweet while playing with the black mysteries. Serious when not laughing, wistful and lively, saddened when not feeling adored. So lovely inflamed by the jealousy, yet hideous obeying to the royal authority. Nervous and stormy enslaved by her weaknesses, still calm and eternal in bravery.

Her face was open with mild and smooth skin. The skin of an eighteen-year-old girl that never faced the experience of growing older. Boldness in the snub nose, bravely turned up, anger in her fine fresh lips, seriousness and determination in the sharpness of the chin, her wise forehead - everything was softened by Anne’s childish nature. Her thin eyebrows, beautifully waved in curiosity, never stopped asking, “Why?” The eyes, these gentle eyes embraced all her beautiful young face had ever felt. Drops of love sparkled within lit by the pride of oblivion and melancholy, so mysterious, always echoed the answer.

Anne’s whole appearance charmed, amazed, confused with its simplicity and yet difficulty to be observed, to be explored piece by piece until one’s empty endeavours failed unproved. She had a pale complexion, a white lucent skin both in contrast and in harmony with her dark brown hair straightly falling down along its easy way of reaching the end. She was attractively built. Her body possessed the fairy complex of feminine and childish features, successfully gathered in one whole harmony that was her appearance. Anne whom everybody believed to know and still nobody knew. So gracious a queen, with delicate neck and waist, with miniature hands, gentle in touch and loving when touched.

Anne’s character was the same mixture as her appearance. What she showed, in her early ages, was her playful mood, her talkative nature and her easy-going character. She was outspoken and open-minded, wise, talented and subtle a girl of eighteen but yet her childish frivolity remained when she grew a woman. Anne had a successful growing up. She was the beloved of a king, and then became a queen, rich and pretty. Yet her life was not created to be a happy one. Anne was executed because of her inability to bear a male infant to the King. She denied her tomorrow in the name of her daughter.

Though she was not respected by her subjects and favoured by her husband anymore, though she was not given the chance to be called a mother by her child; though she was made ruthless and cruel by all the difficulties, indifference and contempt she met, Anne Boleyn remained loving and touchingly sensitive in the very depths of her heart. She believed what she wanted. She knew the answer. She loved and sacrificed.



* For those curious to have a look at Anne's visual interpretation by Hans Holbein, the famous artist and portraitist, reproductions of the drawing are free available from the online galleries or anywhere around the net.



© Copyright 2008 gallia georg. nanowinner 08 09 (galliag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380882-Anne-Boleyn