*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403516-Inspecting-eyes
Rated: E · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1403516
A fugitive flees through the subway station and gets into a very unfomfortable situation.
I quickly run down the subway stairs. I'm running as fast as I can. As far as I can remember, I've never made such a fatal mistake before. Right now I'm a fugitive and I have nowhere to go. Lucky me, the light rail train has just arrived. I look back twice as I enter. It's better not to sit down now, I have to stay cautious. Being in such a hurry I didn't even notice which line I chose. Northbound? Eastbound? Westbound? It doesn't matter, I just want to get away from here, away from my problems, away from my fate.

I look around, the situation seems to be normal. There are some kids playing trading cards, normally they must be in school already. In the seat in front of me sits a middle-aged man. He somehow looks threatening, like a bum with cut-off gloves and biker-boots. He has a dog with him, a shepherd to be precisely! Suddenly he turns around and just stares at me. I wonder what's wrong with him. I don't like this look, so I just try to ignore him.

As I look out of the window I notice his reflection. At the next stop I turn around again. He's still staring at me and his look worsened! The dog starts to bark, the man tries to calm him down, but his facial expression remains the same. It looks like he's trying to judge me, with his focused eyes burning the word "guilty" into my head. I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable, I still try to ignore him but it's no use. These eyes...they just keep staring at me. The train stops again.

Suddenly the middle-aged man reaches for something. What is it? All my senses are highly alert! It's a...it's a stick, just a silver stick! He gets up from his seat and talks to his dog. "Come on Fido, your break is over". Now I notice that there's a yellow tie with three black spots on his right shoulder.
© Copyright 2008 CapnBizarre (antagon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403516-Inspecting-eyes