by Goul of WDC
A Decadent chocolate layer cake covered with rich, delicious chocolate frosting.
|REGULAR DESSERT SECTION:
Fudgy Chocolate Cake
6 oz. white chocolate, for garnish
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup plus 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1/2 pint heavy cream
10 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate
1. Finely grate white chocolate onto a plate using a vegetable peeler.
Chill until needed. Preheat oven to 350 F. degree's.
2. Grease the base of two 8-inch round cake pans; line with parchment paper. Combine butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and eggs in a large bowl.
Using an electric mixer set on medium, beat until smooth. Continue beating
until increased in volume, about 2 minutes longer. Divide batter between pans.
3. Bake cakes until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20-25
minutes. Leave cakes in pans to cool for 1 minute, then turn onto wire rack.
Peel off lining paper; let cool.
4. Meanwhile, heat heavy cream just to boil. Break chocolate into pieces;
add cream and stir until melted. Let cool; chill for 30 minutes, then whisk
until thickened to a spreadable consistency.
5. Use a third of chocolate frosting to sandwich cakes. Spread the remainder
over whole cake. Sprinkle reserve grated white chocolate to garnish.
This is mmmmm so good and not hard to make
Got a hard day ? This is a perfect example of the name
of my new cookbook, " A little Southern Comfort "....
Chocolate has always been known as a comfort food
If you try this, I know you'll love it, you can't go wrong with
** Image ID #1488675 Unavailable **