A collection of short comics that will be published in groups as monthly updates.
|Hey, I'm LibertyCabbage, author of a few obscure webcomics out there, and I'm back at it again, teaming up with Slitwrist Studio ( http://www.slitwriststudio.com ) to do a collab project I've had rolling around the back of my mind for a while.
This project, as I've conceived it, will be a continuous collection of short comics, ranging from one to ten pages in length each, that will be published in groups as a monthly update (sort of like a web magazine). Each monthly update will feature about five shorts, give-or-take depending on the lengths of the submissions.
What we're looking for are:
- writers to submit comics scripts in length ranging from a minimum of one page to a maximum of ten pages.
- artists willing to contribute their skills towards making the comics, whether it be in pencils, inks, colors, lettering, or any combination of the above.
I'll be serving as editor for the project, selecting the best scripts and artists in order to ensure a high level of quality, and I'll be working with Slitwrist to scrounge the Web for interested talent.
- There is no limit or restriction on content or style of the comics as long as it's tastefully done. Be creative!
- There is no restriction to size or format of the pages.
- All contributors will get full credit and ownership of their work, as well as having links to their personal site displayed to help promote their other work.
- Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to give payment for any contributions. However, this project might help you get exposure and experience as well as feedback to help you improve your skills. Also, you'll be able to make good comics and express yourself without the hassle of having to look for others to work with.
- Keep in mind that to ensure quality of content, not all contributors will be accepted. However, I will try to give helpful feedback to anyone who's not accepted.
- Artists will be given a script or choice of scripts to work on. However, if they don't want to work on the script/s they can turn them down and wait for something they like better to come along. Also, artists can specify certain kinds of genres/styles they'd prefer to work with as well as a general comic length they prefer to work with.
- Artists can draw their own scripts, although it's recommended that they submit the script for approval before drawing it.
- We're looking for new content created exclusively for this project. So, we prefer that you don't submit anything that's already been published in print or on the Web.
- As editor, I'll be proofreading the scripts for changes to spelling and grammar, although no changes will be made without the writer's permission.
- I will likely be contributing scripts and/or artwork at some point.
- You can send in as many scripts as you want as long as none of them are any longer than ten pages. Also, artists can apply to work on multiple comics if they wish to.
- If I think of anything else, I'll add it to this list!
If you're interested in contributing, please send your submission (or any questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org :
Writers - Send a one-to-ten page script that contains the name you'd like to be credited as, an e-mail address for me to contacted you with, and a personal website you'd like to promote (if applicable).
Artists - Send some examples of your work or a link to an online portfolio. Examples of previous comic work a plus! Also, specify what area/s of artwork you'd like to contribute (pencils, inks, colors, lettering, or all of the above).
Thanks for reading this, and I hope to hear from you soon!