*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558055-Broken-Short-paragraph-from-my-novel
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1558055
Just a small paragraph of my novel "Broken". I hope you enjoy it. R&R. Thanks.
“Sage!” his voice shouted from behind me. I had no idea how deep into the woods I was but all I saw were trees, trees and more trees. “Sage! Wait!” his voice was getting louder which meant he was getting closer. I ran faster. Then I felt myself being tackled to the ground. My ribs screamed in pain, but I didn’t care. I stumbled to my feet and saw him do the same. I tried to run again, but it didn't work. He grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. “Sage,” he whispered. I swung around, hitting him. My fists were pounding into his chest hard and all he did was let it happen while keeping his arms around my waist.
“I hate you!” I screamed as I pounded harder. Soon I collapsed into his arms and cried. Gently he led me to the ground and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled me close and held me tightly. I didn’t hate him. I didn’t hate anybody. I was just confused.
“I don’t want this! I want to be normal!” I exclaimed. He kept his arms around me. “I want…to be normal.” I repeated. I looked at him. His pale skin shined in the moon’s light. Normal. That’s all anyone wants to be. Aiden, Blake, even Romeo…all they wanted was to be normal. Maybe that was it. Maybe being normal was to not be normal.
“Who doesn’t these days?” he joked. I smiled slightly. He looked me in the eyes and using his thumb he dried the tears. Kissing my forehead, he leaned in and whispered, “I love you.”
© Copyright 2009 black_winged_angel (badattitude94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558055-Broken-Short-paragraph-from-my-novel