*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560806-The-Girl-At-the-Window
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #1560806
Given to Mrs. Ruth Bailey of Morehead City, NC.
There was a time when my brother and I were commissioned to clean up a house. We went inside the house that was so cold, dark and lonely. Upstairs is where we had to clean. So we did just that- cleaned up the floors.



There used to live a little girl in ithe house. She was blond haired and blue eyed. She had an upstairs room. She died at a very young age. Her ghost was said to have walked the upstairs. I heard what sounded like a little girl playing. There was no one else in the house but my brother and me. I heard it rather close to where my brother and I were working.



I soon found out for I saw her. There was an old dolly on the floor in the room we were working. She was upstairs playing when we were there. I didn't think anything of it but it gave me an uneasy feeling for I kept hearing her.



Then after hearing her I saw her again. She was standing next to the window in her room when my brother and I got ready to leave. She was waving to us. I told my brother to look up to the window where I saw her and he wasn't able to see her. I looked again and saw her waving to me. I don't know why she was waving at me. I just know I made a little friend that day.
© Copyright 2009 jblackgloves number 35. (harycubbybear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560806-The-Girl-At-the-Window