*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565556-Destiny
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1565556
Just one thing to say: Be careful who you fall in love with!
( a/n:  This was inspired by Molitva - Serbia eurovision song contest 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sp9OOoxCJo&feature=fvw

Hope you enjoy, comment if you please. :)



Words: 976 (according to open office)





DESTINY



He closed the door behind him and sat down on the lone bed in the room. He could hear his friends bustling around downstairs, their voices carrying through the floor. They were cheering for the first place their team had taken in the football tournament. He couldn't stand them being so happy right now. All he wanted to do was to climb under the quilted bedcover and cover himself. Fall asleep and forget all difficult thoughts.

She watched as he silently made his way up the stairs. She was about to follow him when Alicia jumped at her from behind, screaming.

"We won! We won! We won! Jen, we won!" Alicia danced away to their living room and did a similar dance around Michael and Vanessa. Leonard and Sam angled in through the open door and joined Alicia's dance around the living room table, chanting "We Won!".

Vanessa beamed and grabbed Jen's arm and dragged her in to the living room.

"Jesse said he felt dizzy." Jen mumbled.

"Jen! Go drag Jesper back downstairs!" Leonard cried suddenly across the room.

"No, I think we should leave Jesse alone for awhile." Vanessa protested, “He was, after all, in the loosing team”.

Leonard shrugged and opened a can of soda.

"His loss." Alicia hit play in the cd-player and soon music was blasting out of the speakers and the party was on. 

After two hours several of the other teams players had joined and the ground floor was packed with people, Jen felt she had mingled around enough and decided to leave.

Besides, it wasn't all that fun when she was missing someone. She looked around, nobody took any notice of her, and she hurried silently like a ghost up the stairs. She suspected he had gone to the guestroom where he had stayed during the week. She was glad he had been accepted in the team, and when they had talked he had told her he had a great time with Leonard and the other team-members. He would probably ask if he could stay a little longer, at least until the next semester began. He had been so happy then that she didn't want to put him down by telling him the news she had received. She had gotten a scholarship and would be going away. Far away from him. She would miss his company, but maybe it was for the best. She always had a strange feeling in her stomach when he was around. Almost like butterflies. Especially when he touched her. And she felt all jittery and happy. Overly happy. Why was that?



He laid on his back in the bed with his arms under his head, staring up at the ceiling. The loud voices from downstairs were only drowned out by the even louder music. He thought of going downstairs but then he probably had to see her, and right now all his feelings were in upheaval every time she was close. All he wanted to do when she was around was to hug her and kiss her and tell her how much he loved her. Why was that?

There was a knock on the door, then somebody tried the doorknob but it was locked. He had locked the door because he wanted to be alone. He still wanted to be alone, he didn't feel secure around himself. He was afraid he'd suddenly start crying... or screaming. But something made him get up from the bed and walk over to the door. When he unlocked the door, whoever had knocked had gone away. Or so he thought. He could see the silhouette of her at the stairs. She was on her way down.

"Jen!" He yelled softly and she turned surprised around.

"I though you were sleeping." She said as she made her way back up the corridor towards him.

"Who could sleep in this noise?" He wiggled his head indicating the music from downstairs and smiled. "Do you want to come in?" He invited her in. Holy crap, he thought, what am I doing? Have I gone insane? What if I break? Before he could take back his invitation she had nodded and stepped past him into the room. He caught a whiff of her perfume, the one he had bought her for her birthday, the one he loved.

He was sitting on the bed and she was walking around in the room. Nervously.

"I got a letter..." Her voice trailed away. “I got the scholarship, I'm moving.”

There it was. Out in the open. The plans that would make them grow apart. They who had been together since they were born. He stood up to hug her. That meant she would be moving this summer. She would be moving away, so far away it could easily have been to another country.

“It will be okay, we can always visit each other in between semesters.”

He reached out and pulled her close to him. She put her arms around his neck and leaned closer. They hugged each other like they would never see one another again. He drew a deep breath, he wanted to remember her perfume, wanted to remember how it was hugging her. Then he softly breathed out in her hair, his lips almost toughing her ear. He opened his mouth to say something but then she turned her head and, for the first time in their lives, their lips touched.



They both froze. Eyes locked. Barely breathing. The music from downstairs continued it's beat, unaware of the world that crashed just seconds ago.

Nobody would understand and nobody would approve. Least of all their parents. Probably they were the only ones with this kind of problem - because who else in the world would be stupid enough to let themselves fall in love with their twin sibling?

© Copyright 2009 tereseh (tereseh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1565556-Destiny