*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595630-Breakdown
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Psychology · #1595630
All he wanted was a place to stay, but he gets more than he bargains for.
The fluorescent lights hurt his eyes. He had never been here before, and the white walls and barred windows were shocking to him. All he wanted was sleep, but this was not going to be the place to get it.

Opening the door to his room proved difficult. It was made up of a single large piece of heavy metal, with a tiny slot for viewing, and another for exchange of objects to the outside. When he finally opened it though, there was nothing to be seen. Just a women in a white jacket, writing notes on what seemed to be a checklist.

This was confusing to him, he didn't understand why they would send him to such an intimidating hotel. All he wanted was sleep, and that's what he was told he would get. Instead he was becoming frightened, so he found a dark corner, sat down and started to rock back and forth.

Scary thoughts began to flow through his mind. What if he were hear as part of an experiment? The lady in the white lab coat would certainly explain that. Maybe they were performing a study on human isolation. That takes in account the heavy door. Perhaps it wasn't an experiment at all, maybe they were trying to see if they could wear him down any further.

As those thoughts faded, another cropped up. He couldn't remember anything about the last week. The last thing he remembered was being at school. Something bad had happened, something that caused him great distress, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

The lady in the coat placed a blanket around his body. He was shivering now, but wasn't cold. What was happening to him was overwhelming, he didn't want to be here, he didn't want to be anywhere. He just wanted to be lost in dream-land.

*This is the beginning of a plot that I am thinking of writing. Let me know what you think, whether + or – as long as it's constructive. For those of you waiting on the expanded version of “Disposal”, I am still working on it, and it will be released sometime soon.*
© Copyright 2009 Dravenko (malchishka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1595630-Breakdown