*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614881-Dear-John-Doe
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #1614881
For a Flash Fiction contest thing on deviantArt.
Dear John Doe,

I feel I need to write this to you, since you were my first murder.  I just wanted to tell you that you were great and that you taught me a lot.
Oh boy, where to start?  Well, I learned that my practicing of stalking did in fact pay off.  You really didn’t know I was behind you, huh?  The look on your face was priceless.  I would place it somewhere between catching your wife cheating on you and maybe witnessing a hit and run. 
Anyhoo, when I first stabbed you, I wasn’t expecting that much blood.  I mean, I’m not that dumb, I knew blood would rush out, but this sprayed everywhere.
You really showed me how a struggle can produce more arterial spray than I care to know.  You also taught me the importance of staying on my toes, since you did end up fighting back, something I didn’t know whether I should plan for or not.  I guess I just visualized a murder as being a quick stab and dash, but you proved me wrong.  You showed that even when a hunting knife is jabbed in your throat, you sure as hell can fight back.  That’s a lesson I will always remember. 
Well, I just wanted to express my gratitude for everything you showed me.  You really were a great teacher.  Although you were a random pick for me, you will always be remembered.  For you were my first, but definitely not my last.   
© Copyright 2009 MechanicalAnimal (fetisha09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614881-Dear-John-Doe