*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619857-Three-Little-Dolphins
by Juffin
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1619857
"Three Little Dolphins" is a twist on the fairy tale "Three Little Pigs."


    Once upon a time there were three little dolphins living with their mother in the deep, blue sea.  The time had finally arrived for them to go out on their own, and they were very excited. The three swam quickly away from their home, waving goodbye to their mother and promising to visit again soon. 



    The first little dolphin decided to make his home in the middle of a school of tuna fish.  He knew he would have plenty of food to eat.  He was busy getting use to his new home when he heard a deep voice say, "Little dolphin, little dolphin, let me come in." The dolphin responded, "Not by the hairs on my finny, fin fin."  "Then I will chew my way in," declared the shark.  The shark began nibbling at the tuna till he reached the dolphin.  He opened his jaws wide, gobbled the poor little dolphin up and swam away.



    The second little dolphin had found some tall, green seaweed.  He thought that would make a great home, so he slid into the middle of it.  He was living happily there until one night, he heard a deep voice he had never heard before, saying, "Little dolphin, little dolphin, let me come in."  The dolphin replied, "Not by the hairs on my finny, fin fin."  "Then I will weave my way in," uttered the shark.  He swam around the seaweed until he finally reached the little dolphin.  He opened his jaws wide, gobbled the poor little dolphin up, and swam away.



    The third little dolphin had discovered a beautiful coral reef.  He swam around it and decided this would be a safe home to live in.  He quickly made friends with the tiny, colorful fish who shared the reef with him.



    One afternoon, while he was getting ready for a game of "Hide and Seek" with the clown fish, he heard a deep voice say, "Little dolphin, little dolphin, let me come in."  The dolphin answered, "Not by the hairs on my finny, fin fin."  "Then I will crash my way in," roared the shark.  He began nudging the coral with his body, but nothing happened.  He rammed the reef a little harder, but still nothing happened.  Finally, he decided to try his strong tail fin.  He swung his large tail with all his might, but the coral did not break. He tried again, but still it would not break.  Sore and tired, the shark swam slowly away.



    The third little dolphin was relieved to see that he had chosen the right place to stay. He lived happily among the coral and continued to play every day.

© Copyright 2009 Juffin (judichess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619857-Three-Little-Dolphins