*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620013-Pride-and-Wrath
by xinyi
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1620013
Emotions, pride and wrath. Ever felt like that?
Those very words began to compress my chest.



Something began throbbing with pain within me. No, it couldn't be my heart. It was as powerful yet dark like the poison that seeped through the veins of so many, something that had invaded the premises of my conscience. It was Pride.



My cheeks flushed and my eyes burned, with shame. Heat radiated off the very pores of my reddened skin. It was like a mask I desperately wanted to rip off with my claws.



Then my face seemed to blanch (with fury), for my skin felt a sinister coolness. Little marvel at that, for the inferno burning my face from inside had sunk deep, deep within my chest, melting the pain, and planted itself in the depths. The raging fire grew bigger and burned stronger with every heartbeat!



As inscrutable and indifferent my pale countenance seemed, a savage beast, insane with unimaginable Wrath, began to dwell within me. One that was never there, yet alive as ever, of immense bloodlust.



I was possessed. Vengeance! Through my cold eyes it became as elementary as toying. Far too simple for my numb conscience! I was free, at last, from a burden bound to too many poor unfortunate souls of the wretched world.

© Copyright 2009 xinyi (jonilxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620013-Pride-and-Wrath