*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640602-Yoak-and-Seg
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1640602
Unexpected hollywood players need to save humanity from one of their own
“Dwight”

“Bob”

“You’re probably wondering while I called you here.”

“Yeah! I am. Goddamn it, Bob. I got a shooting schedule. 'Doyle’s Revenge' isn’t going to make itself. The producer about shit herself when I told her that we were going to have to suspend the production. The delay is coming out of my salary. Do you know how much a motion picture costs?”

“I can see that you’re pissed, and that’s understandable. I know you told me that you were through with all of this shit, but I didn’t know who else to turn to.”

“I guess you could say that I’m pissed, or maybe a better term might be livid! Fuck! I don’t even know why I agreed to see you. It’s crazy. We’ve been out of the game for how long? Refresh my memory.”

“It’s been five years.”

“What ever happened to the easy life? Floating along on our charm? Forget the world and its problems? Huh? You remember our agreement don’t you? The four of us made a pact. No more heroics.”

“Yeah, I remember the pact”

“So, what the fuck am I doing here at a truck stop along Needles Freeway? Can you tell me that?”

“All I can say is that sometimes the plan changes.”

“Enough with the lyrical sentiments. What’s going on?”

“Do you still have the gift that Buck gave you?”

“Of course I do, but I don’t see what that has to do with any of this.”

“Do you still have the Cadillac as well?”

“Yeah, it’s in the garage. What does that matter?”

“We’ll need it, if we’re going to make it out of this alive.”

“Damn it, Seger. Tell me what’s going on, right now! Or I walk away from this and you forever.”

“He’s gone rogue.”

“Who? Ozzy? He’s the last person that would go rogue. He’s got about as many brain cells as fingers.”

“No, not Ozzy. He’s still on our side.”

“No, it can’t be. You mean to tell me---”

“Yeah, I’m afraid so. Norris has turned. He’s in Oklahoma right now assembling an army of disillusioned hillbillies.”

“Fuck! If Ozzy is still on our side, where is he?”

“He’s on the way.”

“It won’t be enough. Chuck is too strong. More than half of the shit they say about him on the internet is true. The public thinks it’s just a joke, but you and I know different.”

“That’s why I need you and Ozzy, if we’re going to stand a chance.”

“How’s your beard holding up?”

“Strong as ever. I treat it twice a day with 'Silky Mane' horse conditioner, but we’ll need more than my fierce follicles to come out on top. That’s why I asked about the Cadillac and Buck’s other gift. Yoakam are you with me?”

“It doesn’t look like I have any other options. Yeah I’m in. I just hope Osbourne is up to the challenge.”
© Copyright 2010 T.C. Abernathy (sealkris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640602-Yoak-and-Seg