*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651466-Warning-Veil-in-Disarray
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Fantasy · #1651466
A brief essay on the recent increase in paranormal activity
         Another Mardis Gras has come and left and this year’s festivities had all the debauchery we have come to expect from the French quarter. This year, however, had a major difference from previous years, a marked increase in paranormal activity. “We’ve seen a rise in undead activity in New Orleans this year,” comments Alexander Gagnon a member of the Red-axe Organization, a group which monitors paranormal activity around the world. “It has to be at least .27% in the last month alone.” Now twenty-seven hundredths of a percent may not seem like much, but when you take into account the fact that there are certain areas where cab drivers will not pick up passengers after dark because that area is frequented by ghosts, the numbers are suddenly much larger.
“Of course paranormal activity in New Orleans has grown at a higher rate than the death rate here ever since the French founded it,” notes Count Fabrice du Lac, one of the Elder vampires of the American Cabal who was onboard the French expedition and is believed to be at least 900 years old. “The rates decreased slightly as the usage of voodoo increased but it has always been disproportionate.”
“Between the Cabal, Red Axe, voodoo queens and the local Den we’ve been able to keep the undead threats to a minimum,” notes one Louisiana werewolf who preferred to be known only by his Pack nomenclature, Hunts Bears, “Occasionally we lose a tourist but that is to be expected.” But why has the paranormal activity increased in New Orleans? Simple, the Veil, the barrier between our world and the supernatural world, is weakening. The Veil has always been weak around New Orleans due to the close proximity of the living and the dead. New Orleans has had the distinction of being the area in the New World with the weakest Veil except for the months immediately following 9/11 when that honor went to Ground Zero.
But why is the Veil as a whole weakening? That is unknown. Some believe that the weakening is due to the approach of 2012, while others believe it has something to do with the HADRON collider. A small group seems to believe that the weakening is due to Niviane’s spell weakening which will cause Merlin Ambrosius to return and usher in a new era of Magic. Personally I am going to stock up on anti-paranormal weapons and ammunition. You can pick them up at your local Red Axe deposit.
© Copyright 2010 Blade Singer (zevjimmu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651466-Warning-Veil-in-Disarray