*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655251-true-ghost-story
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Ghost · #1655251
real events of the paranormal
Sunday, March 14, 2010





Last night I was working late on a manuscript for a comedy movie for a producer friend of mine. It was just about 2 am when I decided to go to bed and get some sleep. (Besides the fact, I couldn’t keep my eyes open thank you very much.)

I have the custom when I sleep to roll to one side, and cover my head with the blankets, this goes way back to my childhood. I had the radio on, and a movie playing; the audio was being broadcast over the radio through a wireless set up. I know this sounds weird because the movie is on, but I am not watching it, however, that is the creative part of me that likes to listen to the audio and imagine the action.

Just then, as I closed my eyes, I heard what sounded like the door leading to the bathroom opened, I look out of the covers and indeed the door was swinging. I am used to things like this happening, because I do believe in the paranormal.

At this point I should say this; I have researched some history of this house. The house was built in the early 1800‘s, and used as the House of representatives till the Capital building was built in 1902. (For more information please visit. http://www.helenahistory.org/views_of_the_capitol.htm )

The house was sold many times, and during that time, it was renovated, and turned into a six apartment complex. My wife and I had moved in here two years ago and were lucky to get the lower apartment where the Representative used to live. The other side of the house was mainly used as the meeting room.

The first day when my wife (Melody “Dora”) and I were sitting in the living room, we saw the front door open. Now up to this point, Dora and I have had many experiences with the paranormal, and I have captured a few EVP’s and a couple pictures.

(Taken in our old apartment)

 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLYeN0mzvxc )

We thought at the time when we saw the door open, that it was merely just a breeze and we didn’t close the door all the way; we couldn’t have been more wrong. The next thing to happen was the door to my study / store room, slammed shut. It was of course then that we realized we had either a Poltergeist, or a very upset spirit.







I have shared with you in the past the tale of how I was able through forcefulness and at the same time, respect, I had ordered the spirit to leave us alone. Basically, I just said that the house was no longer their home that my wife and I are now living here, and it is our home. I also said that I respect them, and will allow them to stay in the house that they obviously love. However, I did put the stipulation that the entity was not to bother us, or make any problems for us living here, if he dose, he can leave. Well obviously, he did not like that condition, and left by slamming the front door.

Everything was silent for about a year, and had no problems in the house. I thought everything was going to alright, that is till Jacob came into our life.

My wife and I went to work; she works at a mail processing company contracted by the state. I of course, work at a college in the dining hall as a cook / omelet chef. Most of the time, I get home before Dora, and I have a couple hours before she comes home. I write, or just do some chores around the house. I was dusting, (yes I do dust.) and I was about to clean the TV screen, when I saw a shadow move behind me in the reflection of the TV. As I saw that, what felt was a cold breeze touched my hand and I could feel my arm raise and it was pointing to the TV? I saw on the screen some writing, and the name Jacob was written on the screen. Again, I was not frightened by this, a bit unnerved, but I didn’t feel threatened. I went over to the desk where my digital recorder was sitting, and started asking questions. The voice I heard was young, and I asked how old he was, and got a reply he was Twelve. I asked when he died, and he said in 1926. I kept asking questions, waiting, and playing it back and listening to the clear answers. What I gleaned from this conversation was a tale in itself. Basically, Jacob had moved from this house to another home, but became sick and passed away from what they said a blood infection. Now, I wish I had saved that conversation, but alas as I was about to transfer the audio to my computer, the digital recorder did not work. It still dose not work even with new batteries.

On to the events at hand…

I got up and felt a cold breeze again, and I figured it was Jacob messing about as he liked to do once in a while, so I asked him to relax and let me get some sleep, and I went back to bed. I rolled over again, covered my head, and as soon as I closed my eyes, I felt something pushing down on my body, and I could not move. I told Jacob to get up from me that I was very tired. The pressure lifted, and I moved the blankets off of me, and saw a young boy’s face briefly frowning.

I believe he was just wanting to play, and thought that it was alright to do so, not realizing that I was very tired and that I just wanted to go to sleep. Dora woke up and asked me what was going on, and I told her all about this activity, and she laughed. I laughed and then went back to sleep with no further incidents. This morning when I woke up, I told Jacob I was very sorry for upsetting him, and that he is still welcome to stay here in the house. I heard a giggle in the store room / office. I believe he forgave me for last night, and a feeling of peace is in the house again.





© Copyright 2010 yogertlvr (etower036 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655251-true-ghost-story