*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669905-Hero-Day-3
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1669905
A story about a young man turned super-powered fox who wants to change the world.
June 28th, 2010

I took one last look at my house.  Then I looked around me.  I would probably never return here again.  I hated this place, despised it; its quaint and plain atmosphere was toxic to me.  I just wanted to get out.  So, early this morning, I left it forever, taking off at high speed down the streets.

         I wasn't heading anywhere in particular, I just wanted to get away from civilization.  Maybe make a temporary base in the woods.  I didn't need any food or shelter, because if my dreams were correct, this new body would never run out of energy.  It was built to fight.  And that's what I would do.

         I sped past other cars; some early morning commuters gawked at me.  I didn't care.  While I may have been secretive the day before, that was so I could test my powers in peace; now it was time to get noticed.  And I knew exactly how to do that.

         I arrived in the woods.  I used the opportunity to test my powers further.  I jumped towards a tree, head on, and instinctively my body bounded off the side of it.  It was as if I didn't have control of my body, yet at the same time I know I did.  After standing there in silence for a while at what I had just did, i jumped towards a sturdy-looking branch of the tree and grabbed on.  I swung around it (full 360-degree swings, which surprised me again) then I let go, flipping through the air, the trees and sky spinning around me.  I landed perfectly on my feet.  A pause.  Then I slowly began to laugh to myself.  Loudly.  I took off for deeper woods, still laughing.  It was real.  Part of my dream HAD come true.  It was all going to become a reality.

         I raced to what I estimated was the center of the woods and rested against a tree, still chuckling to myself.  Yes, it is time, I thought.  And tomorrow, I am going to let the world know I exist.  And to do that, I have to get to Chicago.
© Copyright 2010 Aure the Fox (foxtrotblues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669905-Hero-Day-3