*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708103-Part-I-of-the-Henny-Penny-Chronicles
by doc
Rated: E · Essay · Comedy · #1708103
I've looked at the sky several times...Ok, a lot...but I've never actually seen it fall.
So what if Henny Penny is actually right?  What if the sky IS really falling?  What to do? What to do?  Now that I think of it, Henny Penny must have been a Tea Bag Republican and would have made a great vice presidential candidate, but alas, Henny was never the actual 'mayor' of the barnyard and had to quit her job as head egg collector half way through her term because she had a book signing tour coming up and needed to review her copy of Dictionary for Dummies.

Thus, it turns out; Miss Sarah was the choice with more experience. (But only just) Besides, Henny had apparently, on more than one occasion, walked on the same planet with a fox and as a consequence, might be a closet barnyard terrorist. Which, as we all know, is bad juju in henhouse politics. Not to mention the fact that Miss Sarah was waaaaay taller than Henny Penny and, well, let’s face it, Henny Penny had never even been to a soccer game!

Back to the whole "sky is falling" issue.  It could happen!  Right?  The problem is that no one knows what the sky looks like when it has officially "fallen," so no one listened to Henny Penny.  On the other hand, some people did listen to the "Boy who cried wolf" who was a close personal friend of Henny Penny. 

Henny had whipped all the animals into a fine rage and petitioned the farmer to kill the wolf, but it turns out that the boy was lying.  Now he'll have to go home and just be the senator from Arizona which really upset poor Mother Goose because she was writing this really great story about a young girl with a red hooded jacket who also knew a thing or two about automatic weapons and had actually seen a picture of Moscow.  Besides, the wolf who was, as we all know a gray wolf, which is waaaaay worse than one of those white arctic wolves who'll probably be on the endangered species list after Exxon finishes drilling holes all over the Great North......Oh, I don't know.  I am so confused.  I don't know if the sky is falling or if the wolf is in the henhouse or if Mother Goose ever ran for an elected office.  This fairy tale is getting out of hand!
© Copyright 2010 doc (docknowles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1708103-Part-I-of-the-Henny-Penny-Chronicles