*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720188-These-Situations-Are-Irrelevant-Part-IV
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1720188
Chapter Four.. Back to Rayne's Point of View.
Rayne steps into the halls of Blooming Grove High frantically in search of Skyler. Without his daily encouragements she doesn't know how she could possible endure eight hours a day in school. He believes in her, tries to make her believe in herself. How could she possibly see what he sees in her? If she was such a great person why doesn't anyone love her?

She spots him in the hallway, talking with a guy she hasn't seen around before. Is he new? She walks over to Skyler and he gives her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Who is this?" she says.

"Oh, I'm sorry for being so rude. Rayne this is Xander he is new. His dad's in the military. He just got here from Guam. Xander, this is my best friend Rayne. She is the most delightful girl you will ever meet."
"
Shut the fuck up, Skyler. Hi, Xander. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you, too. Skyler has told me all about you. I hope you don't mind me hanging around, I'm not very good with making friends." Xander says.

I wonder what Skyler's deal is. He never talks to anyone at school, and this dude is bad news.. I can tell.

She asks, "So Skyler are you coming over after school?"

"Actually, Xander is still unpacking his stuff and I offered to help. I'm sorry hun. You're welcome to join if you want."

"No, thanks, I don't want to impose." she says.

Xander bites down on the metal of his lip ring and says, "You wouldn't be imposing, you're welcome to come if you want. I just don't want to bore you to tears."

"I'll pass. I have to go home and watch April, my sister. I also have a lot of home work. Thanks for the offer though."

Forlornly Rayne walks away. The only thing she looks forward to day to day is her afternoons with Skyler. It looks as if she's been replaced. Obviously that Xander kid didn't want her over. It was clear from the indecisiveness of his voice and the way he had to think about it first. She sits through the next eight hours of school doodling and daydreaming. Finally the last bell rang and she could go home. Not that it was much better, but at least there she could hole up in her room and hide.

She walks through the doors and hears her mom and Ivan fighting yet again. Will this ever go away? She walks through the kitchen and is halted by her mom.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Rayne?"

"What do you mean." Rayne replies.

"You think you can just waltz into MY damn house and not say hello to anyone? I don't think so," her mother slurs.

"You are drunk mom. Can I please just go? Noone ever greets me when I walk in."

"Fine, go to your fucking room you little bitch. Don't come out."

She wasn't planning on it. She wishes she could just stay in her room forever. That way noone could hurt her. She goes into her room and digs the blade out of her drawer. She finds peace in the crimson lines she creates. Then she falls asleep satisfied into a blind oblivion.
© Copyright 2010 oceanxeyes7413 (oceanxeyes7413 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720188-These-Situations-Are-Irrelevant-Part-IV