*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1750148-The-Hardest-Song-Ive-Ever-Sang
by Shaash
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1750148
This is a short remembrance about the loss of a dear friend.
         I remember that night as if it were yesterday. I was babysitting John & Heather. When their parents came home, they said to me “Karen, We’ve got some bad news…” My mind raced as I tried to figure out what it might be, but there was no way that I could prepare myself for what they said.
         He was so young, only 14. How could someone so young die? Blame his parents everyone said. He shouldn’t have been driving the truck in the first place. But Tim was like that. It didn’t seem to be a problem. There was only a short distance to go, maybe 5 miles. Tim had driven before, so it wasn’t a big deal. But it was! Tim forgot to buckle up his seat belt. When he lost control of the truck and it flipped, he went flying from the cab. Chris (the only passenger) found him seconds later, laying helpless under the truck.
         The baseball game was just finishing when everyone heard the sirens. Disbelief! We had just finished burying Chad (who also died young and unexpectedly) that afternoon. The whole town was in shock! What were we supposed to do?
         The day of Tim’s funeral was a dreary day. There were clouds in the sky and it was drizzling. I wanted to do something, something to show that I cared. So I did the only thing that I could do, I sang in the choir. Let me tell you, that one song was the hardest song I’ve ever had to sing!!
© Copyright 2011 Shaash (shaash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1750148-The-Hardest-Song-Ive-Ever-Sang