*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759324-Gossip
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1759324
The tongue has the power of life and death.
For gossip to take place, it takes at least two; the person telling the story and the person listening. Anytime a person starts a conversation with, "Guess what I just heard?" they are ready to gossip! At the exact moment these words are spoken, the listener should stop the person speaking. Some people don't realize there is a difference between providing information and maliciously talking about another person's troubles. Some people do know and just don't care.

Proverbs 18:21(NIV) states, "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." To me this verse means we have the power to heal, comfort, and lift people up with our words. Likewise, we also have the power to inflict pain, cause misery, and inspire hopelessness. By constantly engaging in the practice of gossip, we ensure it will eventually rear its ugly head in our lives. You can be certain the words won't have the power of life. If we never have anything positive to say about a person, why would we expect anything good to be said regarding us?

Which do you speak most often? The power of life or the power of death? Remember, your words can make a world of difference regarding a person's life and we are held accountable for our actions. The next time you find yourself ready to gossip, ask yourself would anything positive be gained by repeating it? If not, don't repeat it and only speak life-giving words!
© Copyright 2011 nextlevel (rhondareader at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759324-Gossip