*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822798-We-the-People
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1822798
Just a political observation
We the People


First, let me start by saying that “Occupy Wall Street” operation is exactly what our founding fathers meant by the first amendment. Those who have participated have shown more patriotism than most of the politicians in office today. Our cause has been called a “revolution”, I don’t agree with this at all. I feel that this is more of a responsibility to the very basis this country was built on;

“---all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it---”

Our rights have slowly been picked apart by our government. Our government has become nothing short of puppets with corporate America as its puppeteer. We the people have the right to abolish these laws that only accommodate the wealthy 1%.

WE THE PEOPLE have the right to expect our government to cater to the 99% that are suffering and not just the wealthy 1%.

WE THE PEOPLE have the right to expect that our elected officials know that they are working for us, rather than their own agenda. Wouldn’t the country be something if politicians actually believed in doing what is right rather than what is popular with their colleagues?

WE THE PEOPLE have the right to hold our government accountable for all transactions they commit. We expect documents and transactions made public for all to see and not hidden under the guise of “National Security”.

Our government has failed us, they sold us out to “corporatism”, and the founding fathers would be so ashamed of us. It is not too late to restore what little we have let but it must be done United with one voice.
© Copyright 2011 Valentin (prbulldog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822798-We-the-People