*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826325-Rain
by cora
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1826325
An interesting way to describe a moment in the rain.
It was a cool day. A bit of a chill filled the air, slowly taking hold of me, filling me with a sense of liveliness and awareness. The sky was grey, appearing as if the sun had become depressed. The rain fell quietly, at a steady pace. A feeling of sadness could almost be felt as the rain fell. The wind blew ever so gently, as if mother nature was whispering her innermost secrets to the world. I stood in the middle of it all, feeling somewhat pleased with the world around me. I watched as the dead leaves that covered the ground struggled to take flight in the little wind present. As time passed, I became soaking wet. I was cold. A slight shiver overtook my body. I remained standing, ignoring all of it. I was lost in the strange beauty I had found on such a gloomy and ordinary day. The mundane, the normalcy, the boredom. It all slipped away from me, just as the rain drops slowly slipped away from my skin. I closed my eyes and looked up at the sky. The drops of rain felt soothing and calming as they landed on my face. For the first time in a long time, I was happy. In that moment nothing else mattered. Pain, regret, sadness, and heartbreak were all a distant memory, slowly being washed away completely by the rain that fell around me. I had finally reached a state of clarity. My mind was empty, but for once, my soul was not.
© Copyright 2011 cora (corabear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826325-Rain