*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875118-A-Great-Guy
by Drake
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1875118
An ode to a customer that passed away.
A Good Customer, A Great Guy
I work at a book store, and I had a customer who came to our cafe almost every day to have a cup of coffee and work. His name was Michael and he was such a fun guy. He was always so supportive and positive, and always had the best jokes. One day, after meeting my wife, he told her that she was too good looking to be with a bum like me. Another time when he told some workers at one of our other book stores that he was coming to mine, he got angry at me because they gushed and asked him to say hi to me for them. He actually cursed me with an angry look on his face, but I knew it was all in jest.
Michael died of heart failure three weeks ago. When you work in a busy store, people come and go, you never think about them being gone for good. Today I walked into the cafe and looked at the chair he usually sat in and pictured him there with his easy smile. I still hear the clear sound of his deep, humorous voice relating the tales of his life when I’d sit with him on my breaks. He was really special to me and I’m really going to miss him. Most importantly, I’ll add his memory to the other memories of the people who went before him, and I’ll continue to do my best with my mortal coil in their honor.
Here’s to you Michael, you were a great guy.
© Copyright 2012 Drake (drake8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1875118-A-Great-Guy