*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878382-The-Face
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Other · #1878382
Small snipet of what happens when love and hate collide.
Why did the events leading up to this moment, this shattered moment of my ultimate vulnerability, occur? I can’t for the life of me see any logic in any of it.  She’s gone…Gone, consumed, depleted, encumbered…no more.  I don’t think that I have ever had a feeling that was more intoxicating, more cataclysmic, more emotionally draining; than to see her, lying on the floor; no breath, no movement, no beat of her now immobile heart.  I don’t think anyone has ever deserved an eternal sentence of torturous misery, of entrenched regret, of unimaginable throb and sting; than I.  The worst agony of all is seeing her face glowing within my memory, that smiling and jubilant expression that echoed all of her strength throughout the muscles and bones of any that encountered her.  That face is the one that kills me, because I took it away, and replaced it with the hollow shell that some used to call my heart.

© Copyright 2012 Jerrica Magill (j_magill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1878382-The-Face