*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1901664-Yellow-Cab
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1901664
A Lunatic wants to gain a rank
It was an odd thing, such a strange spectacle to behold. People passing by didn't know what to make of the conversation. The man was sitting on a bench alongside the road another man sitting behind the bench on the ground. They seemed to be having a conversation of sorts, but only the man on the bench was speaking. A few stopped utterly puzzled by such behavior.

“What’s it matter to you?” The man on the bench said, in an irritable tone. His arms crossed in front of him. “I don’t see why you would care. Are you afraid I’m going to be better then you?” He turned his head to the side, light brown, medium length hair swished along his impossibly pale face.

There was no telling what the argument was about. The other just didn't seem to speak. Many thought that it was a gay couple having a spat. Some light illuminated them, a street lamp near the corner. “You’re jealous.” The man continued. “I will be the best of them all, you just wait. All you do is stand there!” He huffed dramatically looking ahead. People paused, his tone growing louder, even though the other was silent.

After a moment, perhaps two, maybe even three! The man stood abruptly. “I can’t believe you just said that!” But the man had said nothing. The man was not facing the other person; he was facing a yellow cab sign next to the bench! The lunatic growled angrily and began kicking at the sign so hard the weather worn yellow cab sign bent backward and fell.

Finally the man resumed his place on the bench with a huff. “If I sit here long enough, I will gain a rank in yellow cab. So much better than a sign.”


Word Count - 298
© Copyright 2012 Angel Diamante (dark_desires at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1901664-Yellow-Cab