*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902797-Welcome-to-My-Today
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1902797
Thankful for being alive
Welcome to My Today

Sitting here this morning thinking that I am so blessed to be alive and to be able to complain about the things that are wrong in my life.  It is because of the things that are wrong in my life that I can be so appreciative of the many blessings that God has bestowed upon me.

I have a reasonable portion of health in spite of the fact that I have a few health issues.

I can see even though the doctors are saying that I have some eye issues that may lead to blindness.

I live in a home that is not paid for, but is not in foreclosure.

I drive myself to and from places that I choose to go with a car that is old yet reliable.

My finances are not the greatest in the world, however, they take care of me and my basic needs.

Family ties are strong although they often disappoint or do not go they way I think they should.

Looking outside at the trees and their many colors and shades I am reminded that we are all different with different degrees of needs, desires, wants, looks, and condition, and yet God knows how to meet all of us where we are.

Things are not always as we would have them, but they are always as they are, and the hard job is recognizing what we can and cannot do about them.

This morning, I am alright with my world and invite you to join me in seeing pleasure in just being alive.  Welcome to my today.
© Copyright 2012 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1902797-Welcome-to-My-Today