*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1918980-Does-true-love-exist
Rated: 13+ · Article · Other · #1918980
Do you really think Love exist in this world of our's
Yes, true love definately exists, but it isn’t how most people think it is. There are many things that you have to learn during a relationship (even while you’re already married), it can’t all be there on a first date.
As I see it, the acquisition of true love has a few factors involved. I will list a few, but it is well possible that I will forget some. Please comment if something else occurs to you.
1. Love is primarily an act of will. Of course all of the other things have a say too, but will-power is the only thing that can get you through difficult times in a relationship, which are sure to occur. You have to decide to hold on to your partner in bad times as in good times, otherwise your relationship will not last, and if it doesn’t last, it cannot be true love.
2. The feelings. Feelings are very strong when you “fall in love”, but tend to become weaker over time. With true love, the positive feelings towards each other should not fade away, they should ideally even grow with time. But feelings are clearly less central than will.
3. Attraction. Two people who love each other should be and remain attracted to one another. This doesn’t only include physical attraction. Attraction to one’s character is just as important if not more important.
4. Unity. Of course all people have some differences, but those can be overcome by the power of will, as stated above. It is still important to have a unity concerning the important things in life (meaning also that you count the same things as important). This can include plans for the future, likes and dislikes, and even a certain equivalence in education and knowledge. Above all, spiritual unity is important. If the two partners have the same faith and count their faith as equally important, that is already a great advantage.
5. Culture. I do not count this point as very important as there can be (lasting, happy) marriages between different cultures, and the readiness for intercultural relationships is increasing a lot these days. Nevertheless, same culture also provides for unity in many things, therefore can help.
Now here are some attributes of true love. Again, if you can think of more or disagree with me, please comment.
True love is: Adefolahan Bashirdeen Adeyemo
1. Selfless: Most people are to some extent selfish, even in love relationships. True love is never selfish but always thinks and acts for the good of the partner. It would die for the partner.
2. Unconditional: “I love you because you’re beautiful”, “I love you because you’re smart”, “I love you because you’re good in bed”, “I will love you if you take me to a restaurant every wednesday night”, “I will love you if you stop smoking”, “I will love you if you love me back”. All these things are statements of conditonal love. True love doesn’t make conditions. It accepts the partner however she/he is. (This can only be acquired through will-power, as stated above, but most humans or even all human are uncapable of this type of love.)
3. Enduring: True love bites through bad times and eventually gets over them. This means: no divorces. Divorce means you didn’t have a true love.
4. Growing: True love grows with time as you get to know your partner better.
5. And many other aspects.
© Copyright 2013 Adefolahan Bashirdeen Adeyemo (cipher90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1918980-Does-true-love-exist