*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930774-Milk-and-Oranges
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1930774
A collection of short fiction and essays written by Charlene Wexler.
Milk and Oranges, a collection of short fiction and essays examining life, love, and the tragedy and comedy of the human condition, has been published as an e-book and as a paperback by award-winning writer Charlene Wexler.

Whether she is tackling fiction or essays, Charlene Wexler writes from the heart. With a keen eye for detail and a way of looking at the world a bit sideways, Wexler’s writings in Milk and Oranges will entertain while they make you think.

In Milk and Oranges, Wexler’s fiction and essays are grouped in five categories.

How’s Your Love Life? features two fiction pieces that will cause female readers to nod their heads in agreement, and a warm essay on Wexler’s feelings for her husband, Sam.

The Cruel Club features both essays and fiction on the tragedy of the death of a child. Wexler has been a member of the Cruel Club since 1981.

In Family and Friends, you’ll meet some of the fun characters in Wexler’s life and in her fiction, and inevitably you’ll think about similar loved ones in your own world. The story “Milk and Oranges,”from which the title of this book is derived, appears in this section.

What would life be without our animal pals? Wexler shares some stories about four-footed friends and loved ones in Animal Magnetism.

The Passing Parade features Wexler’s fiction and prose observations on the changes in our fast-paced world.

After reading Milk and Oranges, you’ll see why Wexler’s first novel, Murder on Skid Row, was honored with an Apex Award for excellence. Her style makes you feel as if you are reading about or talking to dear friends.

Milk and Oranges is a collection of stories that will pluck at your heartstrings and tickle your funnybone.
Milk and Oranges, published by Dailey Swan through Smashwords, is an e-book. It can be downloaded to an electronic device such as a Kindle, iPad, Nook, Sony Reader, or Kobo; as a PDF; and in various other formats. See http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/254852.
“E-books are now more popular than printed books, and I wanted Milk and Oranges to be contemporary with the times,” Wexler said. “Milk and Oranges never will go ‘out of print,’ people are able to take it anywhere on their e-reader, and e-book websites can translate it into different languages. Plus, an e-book is less expensive for the purchaser and is better for the environment.”

For Milk and Oranges, Wexler won a Grand Award in the 2012 Apex Awards competition sponsored by the writing and journalism think tank Communications Concepts of Springfield, VA, and a Bronze Award in the Women’s Issues Category in the eLit Book Awards competition sponsored by the publishing services firm Jenkins Group Inc. of Traverse City, MI.

Milk and Oranges is available from Central Park Communications for $15. Central Park Communications
6160 W. 60th Street
Chicago, IL 60638, (773) 229-0024
anbcommunications@yahoo.com
© Copyright 2013 Charlene Wexler (charlenewexler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1930774-Milk-and-Oranges