*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946035-Understanding-Her-Heart
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Romance/Love · #1946035
The beginning of the journey of a 16 yr old who doesn't know who truly holds her heart.
"Uhg!" Emily was beside herself once again after a long, CONFUSING, day at work. Michael was his usually flirty, fun, adorable self as always leaving her wanting him more than ever before. But today was different.

While Emily was at her register, Michael came up behind her and put his hands on her waist, sending chills all over her body. He gently turned her around to face him, and he just stared into her eyes with a question playing on his lips. She was blushing like crazy, and resisted the urge to kiss him as she wrapped her arms around his neck (so she wouldn't feel awkward just standing there). Emily could tell there was something going on with him. She unwrapped her arms around Michael's neck, and finally asked him what was wrong. He kind of just shook it off and replaced his expression with confusion.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well, you seemed... I don't know..." Emily started, but he stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"We need to talk." Those four words made her want to run and never turn back. Her stomach tightened painfully.

As they walked into the break room together, he let go of her hand and ran both of his through his dark brown hair.

"What's going on?" Emily whispered.

Michael paced back and forth for a few minutes, occasionally looking up at Emily as if he was going to say something, but he would go back to pacing.

"Michael," Emily was growing impatient and went up to him and took both sides of his face in her hands and watched as his expression changed from confusion to love. She looked at his lips by accident. He saw this and smirked at her. Emily blushed and took her chances and slowly went in for a kiss. Michael was hesitant at first, but he touched his tongue to her lips asking for more. She gladly let him in. After a few minutes, Michael pushed Emily away by her stomach breathless.

"Shit, I knew I couldn't do this," he said walking away.

":You couldn't do what?" Emily asked worried again.

Michael looked at her and had hurt written across his face.

"I'm just gonna say it," he said to himself.

"Oh no. What the hell was I thinking. You know what," Emily said straightening herself, "I shouldn't have done that. It was stupid."

Before she walked out the door Michael grabbed her elbow turning her back to him. She couldn't even look at him she was so angry at herself.

"Don't you dare. That was NOT stupid. We both wanted that." He whispered the last part.

"Then what is going on with you Michael? I can usually read your mind but lately," she said letting out a sigh, "I don't know what you're thinking. Just tell me what is going on! I hate this."Michael took in a deep breath and nodded, whilst running a hand through his hair again.

"Okay. I've been thinking a lot lately about us. I just cant get over the fact that you're 17 and I'm 24. We cant do this when you aren't," he stopped himself ,"We were perfectly fine as just friends. I can't keep doing this when we are starting to become interesting in each other in that way," he referred to the kiss.

"What are you saying?" Emily asked biting back tears.

Taking a deep breath, Michael whispered, "We need to think about what's best for both of us. We can't do that again. And if we continue to be friends, I'm afraid we wont be able to stop it from happening again."

"Then I guess I'll see you around." Emily realized he was holding her hand, and slowly pulled it from his grip.

"Shit, Emily wait." Emily shook her head while she walked away, wiping tears from her eyes.

As she closed the door behind her, she thought never again.









© Copyright 2013 MeiganG (mgray7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1946035-Understanding-Her-Heart