*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964020-A-moment-in-time
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1964020
Under construction--attempting to better a few parts. Fell free to read in the meantime :)
         

         I sat on the dock staring into the fog, a light mist that wrapped around me the way morning dew coats the grass, gently, softly. It was my favorite time to come out here because it was peaceful. For that brief hour that I had each Saturday morning, I wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world. This was my world, my escape, my island to think about things and get away. It was my place to find answers to my most perplexing questions.

         I gazed down at the lake at the blue water. It was a deep blue this morning, just like the color of his eyes. They were so bright and gorgeous; it was like they had captured the stars in the sky. I could see the stars dancing around when he smiled. It wasn't just the stars I could see when I looked at him, but they held the windows to his soul. He was the most beautiful being I had ever met.

         I thought about the day we first met. We had talked for a while beforehand. He made me laugh more than I had laughed in a long time. I made him smile, and when he did he could light up a room. We understood each other in the way two pieces of a soul recognize the other, in a way no other could.

         Then, that night came. We stayed up until late that night talking. We talked about everything, personal things, things we had never shared with anyone. I took him to the dock to my spot, my own little world. We sat there for a while staring into the lake, until I turned to look at him. He had turned to face me too, and before I knew it, our lips met. I could feel the softness of his lips against mine. It was a strange, intense, and confusing moment, and something inside of me had changed.

As I sat on the dock this Saturday morning reliving that moment, I realized something. It was strange that when we kissed, everything in the world made sense. It was intense, because for the first time in my life, I could see how this story would play out, and it was magical. It was confusing, how time seemed to just stop and everything else went away. As for what had changed? In that one single moment, a moment in time, he had forever stolen my heart.



© Copyright 2013 Alyssa Taylor (lyss15taylor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1964020-A-moment-in-time