*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977172-Pets-and-their-Behaviour
by vet
Rated: 18+ · Article · Animal · #1977172
A pet is an animal kept primarily for a person's company or protection.
A pet is an animal kept primarily for a person's company or protection. Once a pet animal comes into the house or life of a human it becomes one of the best companion to him. Pets also give much refreshment and relaxation to humans as if a baby gives relaxation. Every pet owner feels his/her pet as their baby and enjoy their life with it. The most popular pets are noted for their attractive appearances and their loyal or playful personalities.
Pets commonly provide their owners (or guardians) physical and emotional benefits. Walking a dog can supply both the human and pet with exercise, fresh air, and social interaction. There is a medically approved class of therapy animals, mostly dogs that are brought to visit confined humans. Pet therapy utilizes trained animals and handlers to achieve specific physical, social, cognitive, and emotional goals with patients.
The most popular pets are likely dogs and cats, but people also keep house rabbits; rodents such as gerbils, hamsters, chinchillas, fancy rats, and guinea pigs; avian pets, such as canaries, parakeets, and parrots; reptile pets, such as turtles, lizards and snakes; aquatic pets, such as tropical fish and frogs; and arthropod pets, such as tarantulas and hermit crabs.
Changes in mood and health with pets:
Most pretty pet animals help their owners by giving them good mood and health with their companion. The benefits of the human-animal bond are:
 Pet owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets.
 People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets.
 Playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax.
 Pet owners have lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels (indicators of heart disease) than those without pets.
 Heart attack patients with pets survive longer than those without.
 Pet owners over age 65 make 30 percent fewer visits to their doctors than those without pets.
 A pet doesn’t have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help reduce muscle tension and pulse rate.
Pet health:
As Pets help people in improving their health in the same way people also have to take care of their best companion’s health by giving them best food, best medicine,vaccine in time etc..
For all things related to pet’s health human have to consult a Pet doctor known as veterinarian.
Similar to human doctors there are animal (vet) doctors who treat animals in a best way in hospitals which are scientifically called Veterinary clinics. All types of treatments for every animal are given in these hospitals.
Care for your pet:
Bedding: Every pet needs a bed!
Choose the suitable bed for your pet depending on the type of pet you have. That mean different kinds of pets have varied bedding. So choose the best bed for your pet. For example let us suppose you have a dog a pet then choose a pillow as its bed.
Food:
Pets are like human beings even they need food for survival. Dogs need dog food, cats need cat food and so on. Depending on the kind of animal food varies. So give your pet fresh food for healthy and energetic life.
Water:
All pets need fresh water from tap.

How to Care for a Sick Pet:
Pets can get sick for several reasons. Here's how to do care for a sick pet.
1) If you can't do anything to help your pet, call a local pet hospital and get it there. But, if there is no animal hospital, get a blanket and lay your pet on it. Keep the pet still by putting it in a carrier.
2) Examine its injured:
 If your pet got cut and scrape, wipe the area twice a day with hydrogen peroxide and it should be fine.
 If your pet continuous or oozing stream, this requires medical attention as soon as possible. Raise the injured body part above your animal's heart if possible and apply layers of bandages. Press down on the area to slow the blood flow.
 If your pet has a gushing spurt and flow, this is the most serious. Get medical attention as soon as possible. Your animal can go into shock if they lose too much blood and might even die. Place thick layers of bandages, elevate the injured body part if possible and apply pressure to slow down the blood flow.
3) If something is fractured on them, wrap a towel and have them lay down, and don't have them walk. Later consult a veterinary hospital.
4) Prevent your animal from getting sick again by taking good care of it.
© Copyright 2014 vet (animalclinic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1977172-Pets-and-their-Behaviour