*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979304-Why-You-Are-Going-Through-A-Storm
by Antway
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #1979304
Life doesn't always cooperate with our planned agendas. Do we have to go through storms?
The Storm is Passing Over! Hang in there, cause the other side is just around the corner!
Be inspired and encouraged:


WHY YOU ARE GOING THROUGH A STORM!

Perhaps as a child, the world looked so safe and perfect. No matter what environment you started your life in; poor, rich, or middle class, as a child, dad and mom are the best. Or if you didn’t know your father, there was no one like mom on the earth! How many men can remember confidently saying to another boy, “my dad can beat up your dad!” or having the solid belief that our parents could do any and everything! Our favorite sports teams were the best ever. Mom’s cooking could not be topped by any other human on the face of the earth.

Childhood is given to us to dream big. We start out life knowing that we can make a difference in helping to ease the burdens of others by aspiring to be a doctor or lawyer, or major league baseball player, why even president of the United States. Childhood is the energy at the start of life to reluctantly get to bed only to awaken eagerly to accomplish our dreams. Childhood is the safety of the sand on the shore where we build castles and make tunnels; where we play with other children without fear of their futures good or bad. After all they are just other cool people to play with. But one day we look up and see an ocean.

There’s something about looking beyond the shore that stirs our dreams. High school, college, Major League Baseball, or the NBA; or simply driving a car. The horizon calls out to us. And then we step out into the boat of life. We grow up. The unexpected meets with regularity. The path to becoming that successful doctor is paved with potholes, and detours. A Storm.

Storms are never respectful of a planned journey. They just come. When we are able to admit, we often bring a few storms on ourselves. But for most of life’s journey, storms come from unexpected people and places and things. Most storms cause us at some point in the midst of them to ask a serious question. “Why Me?” That is a great question that in human terms won’t present a ready made perfect answer. But here are two quotes that may give us encouragement while going through a storm.

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass.... it’s about learning to dance in the rain....” ~ Vivian Greene!
“When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm is all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore!

Stop and reflect while in your storm, “What is my purpose?, and what will I become because of this storm?”

There is an inspiring phrase in the midst of a song explaining going through troubling times. It says with boldness, “..... Please be patient with me..... I shall come forth as pure gold....”
© Copyright 2014 Antway (wat2ryte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979304-Why-You-Are-Going-Through-A-Storm