*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996383-I-Value
Rated: E · Poetry · Cultural · #1996383
Lyrical creation
I value cold mornings. The sound of geese flying south for the winter, and changing seasons. I value simple things like the first frost and seeing my breath.

It isn’t so much the autumn that I appreciate, although I love sweater weather. I equally enjoy the other seasons of the year.

But seasons change. And in life we grow, we stumble and we move on.

I value that we cannot hold on to what brings us warmth, peace, happiness. I value that I am a work in progress.

Our little nook in the world is so simple. I value the robins as I do the eagles as I do my home. Our home.

We can only slow down if we wish to catch our breath. A life lived with only a little can mean a whole lot, if it is lived with eyes wide open.

I value the universe, which birthed the god of man. And his descendents, my brothers, my sisters. Each of us is the incarnation of dreams. I value kinship and love.

Cold mornings are not without dark skies. Changing seasons cannot change without goodbyes.

I value all that I have been given as it is so that I can pass it on. I value all that I have lost because thus I will never forget moments like these. And it is these that I value.

© Copyright 2014 mfsalminen (mfsalminen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1996383-I-Value