*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008802-Touching-Cloth-Tetrus
by George
Rated: 13+ · Bulletin · Comedy · #2008802
The difficulties of accessing a London cafe's toilet.
I'd just got off the tube train at Victoria ready to get the bus to Edinburgh festival but my bowels were bursting.
I dived for the nearest cafe which turned out to be packed as they usually are in London and asked the waitress where the toilet was. Without pausing I bolted up the stairs. She seemed to saying something about a 'code,' but so engaged was I in the pursuit of the bog that it went in one ear and out the other.
There were two doors: A woman's public toilet on the right, open, and a men's with a code lock on it. That seemed odd but I still bashed into it, assuming it was open, only to rebound back into the cafe, where coffee sippers gazed up at me from their mugs. What's this?! A Code? When women seem to be walking freely in and out of their toilet? Is this some sort of patriarchal test of logic whilst you clench your rectum, or a twisted form of touching cloth Tetras?
This needed investigating. I asked the waitress about this and she gave me the rolled-eyed look before repeating the code to me. I didn't think about it too much whilst I had to the glorious chance to relieve myself, I only felt sorry when I left, walked down the corridor and a bloke passed me on his way to the most inconvenient moment of puzzlement.
© Copyright 2014 George (georgelawson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008802-Touching-Cloth-Tetrus